Part 7

~¤~¤~¤~¤~

Josh's P.O.V

"I want to go home." I heard Jayna's voice.

Once I saw Jayna put her hand to her chest and start to cry. I obviously knew something was wrong. I quickly walked over to her, and swung her up into my arms. She looked like she was definitely going to pass out.

I look up to who I'm guessing is her mother. "Mam, I'll help you get her home."

She nodded, "thanks-"

"Josh," I give her my name and stick out my hand for her to shake.

She takes it, "nice to meet you. I'm Jayna's mom."

"Nice to meet you too." I smile, I look at Jayna in my arms. Her eyes close, and I'm for sure she passed out.

Another crash of thunder awakes the town.

"Okay, are you sure you can carry her through the storm to my car?"

"Of course." I nod. What she doesn't know is that I'd do anything for Jayna.

That's when she opens the door and we run through the pouring rain. Her mom opens the door so I can slip Jayna inside.

"Get in Josh. I'll take you home." She yells over the loud rain.

I put Jayna in the back. I hop in the front. Yes, this was as awkward as it seemed. I barely knew Jayna, yet I knew her, and I didn't know her mom. But she was still offering me a ride.

She slipped in the driver's seat. She put the key in the ignition.

"Thank you." She says to me. "I wouldn't of been able to do that. She would have probably passed out on the floor or something."

"No problem, mam."

"Call me, Kelsey." She smiles, I nod.

Once we're down the road, I turn to her. "Kelsey, if you don't mind me asking, what happened?"

"Um, I don't know what happened exactly. Put I do know she had a anxiety attack. She usually only has them once and awhile." She answers.

"Oh." Is all I say. I also want to ask why she has anxiety attacks. But I feel like I already invaded enough of Jayna's personal space. If I wanted to know the answer to that question, I need to ask her.

I don't ask anymore questions. We let the sound of the windshield wipers take over the silence.

She soon pulls into their driveway. "Do you mind helping me get her inside?"

"No, of course not."

I carry her into their house and her mom directs me to her room.

"I'll be right back." Her mom tells me, then leaves us alone.

I lay her down on her bed. Her room was Jayna. I mean, it was her personality. It was written all over the place. Everyone thinks just because Jayna's quiet, she's empty of a personality. Her room proves that statement is very false.

The colors are bright. Green, teal, and white. Bookshelves are against every wall. I guess she wasn't lying about liking Romeo and Juliet. Her curtains are open wide, to let light in. CDs are stacked up against her wall. So she obviously likes music.

I look down at Jayna, and lift her blanket up to her cheeks. Her mom comes back in and gives her some type of medicine.

"I can take you home now."

"Oh, thanks. But I'll be okay." I tell her because I don't want to be any trouble.

"Really? Because it's still pouring out there and its freezing. Plus, you helped me a lot tonight. At least let me take you home."

"Okay." I agree.

~¤~¤~¤~¤~

Jayna's P.O.V

When I wake up my mom's hovering over me with a hot cup of tea.

I sit up in my bed, and take the mug from her.

"Thanks." I whisper and take a sip of the warm liquid.

She sits on the edge of my bed and pulls the blankets up over our legs. She rubs the middle of my back with her hand.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah." I pause and look up at her. She knows that I'm not "okay". "Uh, so what happened with Josh?" I ask to change the subject. But I'm not too sure I changed it to a better one.

Her eyebrow rasies. "He helped me get you home, then I drove him home." She replies.

"Mom, you let him come here?"

"Well, yes. H-he is your friend isn't he?"

"Um," I look down at my hot tea. "No not technically, we're just partners for a English project."

"Oh," she says and I can't miss the hint of disappointment in her voice. "Well, he's a very nice boy. What project are you working on?"

"We have to read Romeo and Juliet. Then we have to write a collaboration of all our favorite quotes."

"Well, that should be easy for you." She points to my wall opposite from my bed. The wall has tons of quotes from different books on it. I smile at her and nod. Silence sets in between us for awhile. She pats my knee. "Jayna," she starts. "I want you to know that it is okay for you to have friends. Don't let our last life distroy this one."

"Mom." I warn.

"Honey, I don't want your past to ruin your future." She gets up from my bed. "Good night." She kisses my forehead. "I love you."

"I love you too." I mumur. She leaves me to think about what she said.

It doesn't change the fact that I killed my father by accident. It doesn't change the fact that my dad was an alcoholic, and how he abused my mom. I'm still worried about people finding out.

I'm worried, too worried.