Part 8

~¤~¤~¤~¤~

Josh's P.O.V

I still had lastnights events playing over and over in my head when I got to school.

I decided to skip the usual morning routine. Which involved talking to the guys. I didn't want to be bothered by their antics today.

I waited until Jayna got to her locker before I walked up to her. I was expecting for her to ignore me, but apparently I forgot Jayna's not that kind of girl.

"Hey." I said to get her attention.

Her gray eyes meet mine. For a moment I go back to when I stepped into the diner. It was the first time I'd seen Jayna smile. I wish I could see it again.

"Hi." She said in her small voice. I could now feel awkwardness settling in. I was suprised when she started talking again.

"Listen, thanks for helping my mom last night." She looked away embarrassed. Blush flooded her cheeks.

I smiled. "It was no problem."

"But it didn't even concern to you."

"Yes it did, especially if it concerned you."

"But I was mean to you. You know, before."

I stepped up to her and put my hands on her shoulders. I know it was a bold move, since last time I touched her she ran. "You weren't being mean, Jayna. You were just protecting yourself. From whatever is bothering you."

Her eyes turned from embarrassment to shock. "How do you know I'm bothered?" She asks as her eyes squint.

I answer honestly. "Because I'm good at reading people. People think your just some blank person because you don't talk. But I see deeper than that. I was being honest when I said that I'd be your friend."

Her attitude changes once again. "I was being honest too." She says and gets just a little closer. She leans close so she's by my ear. "I told you not to fall for me. I'm not worth falling for." She whispers. I let go of a breath I didn't know I was holding. I can feel sparks jump between us.

Maybe she can read people too. She obviously knows I like her, because that's the second time she's said that.

"But you are," I whisper back not ready to let go of her just yet. She looks into my eyes, and they stay there for the longest time yet.

A perfect moment is always ruined.

I feel someone put their arm around me. I look up and see Tervor smirk.

Jayna detangles herself from me, as more blush appears on her cheeks. She takes a step back.

"So this is who you've been thinking about 24/7." Michael chims in.

"Guys." I growl under my breath.

"Aww, now he's getting all flustered." Hunter chuckles.

If Jayna wasn't still standing in front of us I would of punched them all.

I look at Jayna, as if I'm saying sorry-for-this, she grins.

Wait, she grined! Yeah, it's not a full smile. But a grin! I almost giggle.

I stare at her with a grin on my own face. Maybe I stare a bit too long with the guys being around.

"What are you guys doing? Having eye sex?" Trevor laughed. Then the other guys laughed.

I immediately face palmed.

I glared at him, I looked back at Jayna to see her reaction. Her eyes widened and her grin disappeared. When her gaze meant mine again she quickly averted it.

Great, I finally made progress. Now she'll probably never look at me again.

I'm gonna beat Trevor's ass later.

Jayna scratched the back of her neck awkwardly. "Well, see ya." She said and walked away.

When she was far enough down the hall I smacked Trevor across the face.

"Ow!" He yelped grabbing his face.

"God, you guys are idiots." I tell them.

"Yeah, but you love us for it." Michael chuckles.

"Maybe a bit too much." I say before walking away.

"You definitely got it for her don't you?"

I cover my ears and walk further down the hall. Not before they see my grin.

"We will be talking about this later!" Trevor called to me.

I laughed.

~¤~¤~¤~¤~

Jayna's P.O.V

Oh my gawd.

Is all I think as I walk away. I mean I knew what Josh's friends were like. But I didn't know that they'd say that stuff in front of me.

I wasn't sheltered or anything. I just wasn't expecting it.

And not to mention how close Josh and I were. I told myself I wouldn't do that.

But Josh is so- understanding. I find myself wanting to give into his friendship. Who knows, I might let it happen.

What harm can friendship do?

I just won't let him in too much.

I get to my first period class and allow myself to calm down after this mornings events.

I wasn't ready for second period. That meant talking to Josh.

Okay, maybe I was lying. I was ready. That scared me.

I guess last night made me appreciate him more.