Part 10

~¤~¤~¤~¤~

Josh's P.O.V

"I can't tonight." I tell Trevor.

"Why? We haven't done anything together in forever." He complains dropping down beside me on his couch.

"Because, I have plans already." I say feeling slightly guilty.

"Plans, with who?"

"Jayna." I say her name slowly.

He immediately smirks.
"Are you guys something now?" He asks.

"No," I frown. "I just got her to agree to be friends with me."

"Well, you guys seemed pretty close the other day to be "just" friends." He picks up his game controller.

I smile at the memory. Her gray eyes being so close.

"Dude, why don't you just ask her out?"

"Because, there's more to it than that. She deeper than most air heads you sleep with." I blurt rather harshly.

"Well then, that kinda hurt." He puts his hand to his heart jokingly.

"Sorry." I apologized.

"It's alright, you just stated the truth." He lies his game controller back down. Then he stands up.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"Just because you have plans doesn't mean I don't." He slips on his jacket, I grab mine and follow him out his door.

"Listen, I'm sorry. About not hanging with you guys lately."

"Dude, I said it was okay. I just don't know what happened to bros before hoes?" He looks up at me.

"Jayna's not a hoe." I mumble.

"Actually, I don't know what happened to my best friend Josh." He gets in his car, then rolls down the window. "But hey, no hard feelings." He shouts out to me as he backs down the driveway.
~

I pull into Jayna's driveway, and immediately my heart speeds up.

No other girl that I've dated has ever had that effect on me. I'm not even dating Jayna.

Watch my heart explode if we do ever end up together.

I knock on her door, then stick my hands in my jeans. It's getting colder, I can see my breath. I wouldn't be suprised if it snowed in a few weeks.

My rumbling thoughts stop when Jayna's mom opens the door.

I put on a smile.

"Hi Josh." She smiles back and sticks her hand out for me to shake.

"Hi," I greet her and shake her hand.

"Come in, it's freezing out there." I step in and she closes the door. "Jayna's in her bedroom, you can go if you'd like. I have to go to work." She says and slips her shoes on.

"Okay thanks."

"No problem, have fun studying." She says before stepping back outside and closing the door wants again.

I walk down the hall towards Jayna's bedroom. I can hear faint music playing and her singing along. I smile a little.

I put my hand on the door knob and push it open.

My eyes meet Jayna's, and she lets out a shriek. She held the towel she had wrapped around her body closer to her small frame.

"Oh my god." I say and shut her door. "I'm so sorry." My cheeks heat up.

"I- it's okay." I hear her say through the door.

"Oh my god." I mumble to myself again. I cover my face with one hand.

As much as I enjoyed the sight. I feel like I slightly violated her. I'm not the kind of guy to get embarrassed, but I'm totally embarrassed.

~¤~¤~¤~¤~

Jayna's P.O.V

I wrap my towel around my frame and step out of the shower. I hear the front door open then close. Probably my mom leaving for work.

I press play on my radio, and coldplay starts playing. I sing along a little.

My door opens, and my eyes meet Josh's. I let out a shriek, and tighten my towel around my body.

Josh looks away shocked. He closes the door. "Oh my god," I hear him say. "I'm so sorry."

"I- it's okay," I stutter.

I quickly scrambled around to get clothes on. I wasn't embarrassed until now. Blush covers my cheeks. Josh saw me in just a towel.

Josh saw me in just a towel...

At least I wasn't totally naked. My cheeks get even redder at the thought.

Once I'm dressed I grab my brush. Then comb it through my long wet wringlets of hair.

"Um, Josh?" I call out to him.

"Yeah?" He says back.

"You can come in now."

The door opens and a still very shocked Josh walks in. He looks everywhere but my face.

You can even see a little hint of blush covering his cheeks.

He looks up and his eyes finally meet mine.

In this second, I forget about who I am, what I did, what my past reads. All I can think about is Josh Anderson standing in front of me. And how I have this huge urge to kiss him. How we're getting lost in each other's eyes.

How I'm getting too close already.

And how much it scares the hell out of me.

All because I don't want him to know who I really am.

A monster.

I force myself to look away. This was all a bad idea. Us being semester partners, me agreeing to be his friend. Not because I don't like Josh. I really like Josh.

But I don't deserve his friendship, nor anything that might come with it. He deserves someone perfect.

I'm definitely not perfect.