Part 14

~¤~¤~¤~¤~

Josh's P.O.V

We stand there, frozen. I'm not exactly sure why they're frozen. But I know why I am, my cheek where her lips touched, tingles.

I watched her turn away from us and walk down the hall. Her curls at the end of her dark hair were bouncing.

I had just realized that her hair wasn't in its normal braid. Today she let her long hair cascade down her back.

Gosh, two more inches to the right and she would of fully kissed me. Where I want her to kiss me. On the lips.

Hunter turns to me first.

"I understand," he comments. "I understand fully."

"She's definitely a keeper." Michael says still staring into space.

"Don't you guys go and get a crush on her. She's mine," I tell them.

Trevor smirks at me, "someone's a little possessive now, isn't he?"

"No." I stammer.

"Yeah, yeah." Michael pats my back. "Thats what they all say."

I chuckle slowly.

"Hey," Trevor starts and puts his hand on my shoulder. "Since you kind of have time to make up. You want to go to Mason's party tonight?" He asks.

"No not really," I say and they all frown. "But I will for you guys."

All their frowns turn into smiles.

"Good man." Hunter laughs. "I thought I was going to have to beat you up."

I chuckle, and put my arm around Hunters shoulders. "Yeah," I pat him on the back. "I bet you would have." I say with sarcasm.

~¤~¤~¤~¤~

Jayna's P.O.V

I was asleep when I heard a tap. I ignored it, five minutes later. There was another tap.

At first I thought it was a dream. It had been the first night in ages that I was actually sleeping peacefully.

Without a haunting nightmare about my past.

Until this annoying tapping.

I was in that state in between sleep now.

Finally it stopped, but then I heard my window slide open.

I sat up immediately snapping my eyes open. A dark figure climbed over my window sill.

Maybe I was having a nightmare.

It was like all the air from my lungs had been knocked out of me. I wanted to scream but I couldn't. I could feel tears crawl down my cheeks, which I couldn't control.

Air finally made its way back inside my lungs. I gasped and screamed.

Two seconds too late. The persons hand clasped over my mouth. Silencing my cry for help.

"Shh," the shadow held a finger to his mouth. "Jay, it's me."

My eyes go wide. The only person that calls me Jay is my mom. Even she only does once in a while.

And this person is obviously a male.

Realization hits me.

Josh hiccups, then chuckles. "I can only see your eyes." He says and removes his hand from my mouth.

I reach over and turn on my lamp. "Josh?"

"Yeah, I think that's my name?" He laughs. "Or maybe it's Ron, Ron Weasley!"

I laugh, because I'm tired.

He turns out of the shadow of my room. This is when I notice his eye.

It's black, bruised, and bleeding.

I hop out of my bed to stand in front of him. "Oh my gosh, Josh!" I touch under his eye. He flinches a little, but then laughs nervously.

Josh nervous?

"That rhymed, Jay. You're a poet and you didn't know it." He chuckles, then hiccups again.

This is when I know he's drunk. I should've known when he said his name was Ron Weasley. But I'm tired and it's 3:23 in the morning.

I grab his arm and pull him down to sit on my bed.

"Stay here, Josh. I'll be right back."

"Okiedokie." He says in a boyish voice.

I rush into my bathroom and pull a wash cloth out of my cabinet. I wet it a little.

I go back into my room and sit beside him on my bed.

I touch the wet cloth to his eye. His eyes flutter closed, looking even more boyish. His eyelashes fell on his cheeks.

I stared at him, and all of his beauty. He was truly a beautiful person. His wavy brown hair fell down over his closed eyes. Just like his long eyelashes over his cheeks.

My heart pounded against my chest.

What was happening to me?

"You're like an angel." He whispers.

If he only knew I was a monster. The absolute opposite.

I pull the damp cloth away from his eye. I put it in his hand. He opens his eyes and looks into mine.

His green eyes so vibrant in my shadowed room.

"I know you don't want me to say that stu-" I cut him off.

"Josh, it doesn't matter right now. What happened?"

"Uh," he pauses. "I got into a fight."

"With who?" I ask even though it's none of my business.

"I was at a party. Then Carly's asshole of a boyfriend happened. They're a good couple really." He chuckles and looks away from my gaze. I'm unable to pull my gaze away from him. "He apparently found out what happened earlier today. He came over and started talking trash about you. I went off, I had a couple of beers." He laughs. "I got him, but he managed to punch me right in the eye." He reaches up to touch it, but I catch his hand in my own. All without thinking straight.

He looks back at me.

"Josh?"

"Yeah?"

"Why do you do this, all this nice stuff for me? When all I ever am to you is rude? You stand up for me, try and be my friend even though I'm pushing you away..."

He laces our fingers together. Then uses his other hand to cup my cheek so he can bring me closer.

He whispers quietly into my ear. "Because I like you Jayna. I don't mean in a friendly way. I really like you."

My heart speeds up again.

He looks from our locked fingers to my eyes then glides down to my lips.

He uses his thumb to run over my bottom lip. Which leaves tingles.

"I've wanted to kiss you for four years."

Now I can't breath.

Move Jayna, move!

I look at his lips once more before I jump away. I put my arms around myself, and close my eyes. Then I try to tell myself to breath, in and out.

That was close, too close.

"That's okay," a drunk Josh says behind me. "I wouldn't of kissed Ron Weasley either."

I want to kiss you, I think to myself. So bad.