Chapter 3: Alicent (Welcome to Hell)

I wake up to loud gunshots, screaming, and the heat of fire all around me. I'm lying on the garbage and blood-covered ground, and immediately stand up and look around. "Where am I?" I think to myself. I start walking around, trying to get a grip on what just happened. I start to notice people here do not look normal; most of them resemble animals. I see a reflection of myself in a mirror and realize I too look like an animal; I don't even recognize myself. "I kind of look like a wolf," I thought. I walk up to someone and ask, "Excuse me, but where am I?" The person just walks away, flipping me off. "Ummmm, okay then..." I come across someone else and ask them the same question. They reply, "God, are you an idiot or something? You're in fucking hell; you couldn't figure that out on your own?"

It's at this moment that I realize I am dead, but I can't remember how I died. In fact, I can't remember anything from my past life. The only thing I remember is a man's face and how I felt about that man. But I don't remember who the man is. "Okay, there's nothing you can do right now to help your memory. Right now, you need to find a place to live and probably some work too," I thought to myself. "But where am I going to work?" I thought to myself.

I go to the main city and look for help wanted signs. I hop from job to job for several years; more people came to hell, and more places opened up. I try my best to keep to myself to not upset anyone, so I really didn't know much about hell because of that. I knew there were overlords, but I didn't know who they were. I only knew to stay on their good side. I had discovered I could sing and act, so I really wanted to do something I could use my talents at.

I walk past a circular building that has bright glowing lights, with 3 V's at the top. "I haven't seen this one before. There are signs posted saying there are jobs. Hmmm, I'll go in here and see what they have available." I go in and ask the person at the front desk about what kind of jobs they have available. They press a button and say, "Sir, you have someone asking about the job we have available. What should I tell her?" Before I even have time to react, there is a tall figure standing behind me. I turn around and see a man that resembles a TV. "Um, hello," I say. He sticks out his hand for me to shake it. "Hello, my dear, nice to meet you. The name is Vox," he says. I shake his hand. "Alicent." He seems nice, but I'm not sure if he actually is; I feel like his smile is deceiving.

"I saw your sign saying you had jobs available; I need a job so I can find a better place to live." He looks me up and down then says, "Let me take you to see my colleagues; I'm sure one or both of them would love to work with you!" He begins to lead me to the elevator. In the elevator, he asks, "So how did you die?" I look at him and shrug my shoulders. He laughs, and his screen glitches for a second. "You don't know how you died? How do you not know how you died?" I look at him and say, "I don't remember anything from my past life. Only a person's face." Vox is puzzled by this. The elevator stops, and it opens to a long hallway with two red doors at the end. "They are in here," he said and leads the way, opening the door and walking into a giant room. It kind of looked like an apartment, but there were cameras everywhere. "Velvette, Val, I want you to meet Alicent, she is looking for a job, and I thought you guys would like to meet her." They both walk up to me. A moth-like man grabs my hand and kisses it, leaving a red wet spot. "Valentino, mi hermosa." I take my hand back and say with a nervous tone, "Nice to meet you, I'm Alicent." A shorter female walks up to me on the phone, glances at me, and says, "Yeah, I guess I could use her as a model. By the way, I'm Velvette." Valentino then says, "I think she could make a great performer; do you have any talents?" "Um, I can sing and act," I reply. "Interesting, sing for me," says Val. I begin to sing, and a look of shock comes across their faces. "Yes, I think we have a great position for you if you are interested? Of course, you would model for Velvette and perform for me. We would need to come up with a contract," Val says with a devilish grin. "A contract? Oh no, I'm not signing my soul away; I wanted a job, not a contract. I'll work for you, but I get to keep my soul," I respond hesitantly. "Hmmm, fine then, you start tomorrow. I'll call you when I need you," Valentino responds. Vox laughs. "I'll escort you out, Alicent." We go back down to the lobby, and he walks me to the door and says, "I'll see you soon, Alicent," then disappears.