Chapter 6: Alicent

I stand there in shock, looking at the radio demon. He has his hand out for me to shake, but I am hesitant. I shake his hand. "I'm Alicent, the pleasure is all mine." He has been smiling the entire time I have been here; his smile never leaves his face.

"I'm surprised a powerful overlord like you is staying here," I say. "Yes, well, I came here because I love seeing wasteful souls struggle to accomplish something meaningful, and fail spectacularly. I will say, my interests have become a bit more genuine though." I stand there puzzled. "So, what do I do now?" I ask.

Charlie says, "Let's get to know each other!" I reply, "Well, my name is Alicent, I work for the Vee's, and I can sing." Vaggie chimes in, "That's it? What about your past life? I mean, there's gotta be more to know than just those three things." A tear falls down my face, and Angel comes to comfort me. He looks at Vaggie and says, "She has no memory from her past life except for some guy she was in love with, but even then, she can't remember anything about other than what he looked like."

Vaggie responds in shock and says, "Oh my bad... I didn't mean to upset you, I'm sorry, that must suck." I look up at Charlie and say, "Can I have a hotel room now? I think I need a minute." Charlie goes to grab a key when Alastor gets it first. "Here, I'll escort you to your room, Alicent," Alastor says. "Um, thank you," I reply.

As we walk to the elevator, I try to strike up a conversation with him, but he doesn't respond. "Alastor! I am talking to you; would you stop ignoring me for a second? Jesus, we just met, why are you ignoring me?" I say to him. Since he is a good bit taller than me, he bends down and gets right in my face and says, "I don't care that we just met, I don't care that Angel invited you here, I don't care to even have a conversation with you, and if you dare talk to me like that again, you will be a part of my next broadcast, understood?"

I stand there trembling and nod my head. "Good girl," he says as he pats my head. "Here is your room; it's next to my tower. I want to keep a close watch on you since you work for the Vee's until I know I can trust you." "Thank you," I say as I step in and close the door behind me, burying my face into a pillow on the bed and sobbing.

I hear a knock at the door. "Who is it?" I call out. "It's me, bitch, open up," Angel says through the door. I walk over to the door and open it, tears covering my face. He hugs me and says, "Hey, Vaggie didn't mean to upset you; she is just really blunt, and you're the first person any of us have met that couldn't remember their past life. Hell, even mister tall, dark, and creepy remembers his, even though he won't talk about it."

Angel and I talked some more. He filled me in on everyone at the hotel, at least the stuff he knew about them; it seems like Alastor is still a mystery to everyone. Angel helped me to stop crying. After I calmed down, he asked if I wanted something to eat. "Sure," I say.

We went back down to the lobby, and he goes and sits at the bar. "Um, that's not the kitchen, dumbass," I say jokingly to Angel. "Yeah, I know, go on, I'll catch up to you," he says. I go to the kitchen; it's dark and empty. I flip on the switch and become startled when I see Niffty standing on the counter. "Uh, Niffty, what are you doing?" I say.

"Fighting bugs; they like the dark, and so do I," she responds. "Uhhhh okay then," I say, kind of creeped out. I go to the freezer and pull out a popsicle. I pull out my phone; I expect to get an angry phone call from Valentino any minute now since I decided to move here. Velvette does not care where I live just as long as I go to the studio when she needs me. Valentino, on the other hand... he was mad when Angel left; I can only imagine how he will react when he sees I'm gone too, but it's not like I'm not going to show up for work.

While I stood there looking at my phone, eating my popsicle, I could sense someone was watching me. "Angel?" I called out. "Angel, this is not funny; you are scaring me." But to my surprise, it wasn't Angel. Alastor came out of the dark. "You make it too easy to mess with you," he said with a laugh. "Ugh, Alastor, don't do that; you actually scared me," I say. "What do you want anyways?" "Oh, nothing. I told you I would be keeping an eye on you," he says as my phone starts to ring. "Hold that thought," I say as I answer.

"Yes, Valentino?" He yells into the phone, "You little fucking slut, where are you?" "I am at the hotel, Val. I told you I needed a break from literally living in the studio. My entire life is filmed. I can't even take a shower without someone watching me." I look at Alastor, who is just standing there, continuing to smile in silence. "Well, I don't have you under a contract, so I guess there's nothing I can really do. Just be happy you make me money and don't you dare be late for work, you got me?" he says. "Yes, Valentino," I say.

"Good girl, be here at 8 and don't be late," he says and ends the call. I look up at Alastor, and say "sorry, you were saying." "Oh I was just reminding you that I am keeping an eye on you." he says. I reply "uh okay?" We stand there in silence for a minute, until finally I speak up. "Sooo, how did you die?"