Chapter 10: Good Riddance

Eiko opened the door to the girl's room, as she watched a familiar vehicle pull out of the driveway. 

''Those little rodents...'' She said underneath her breath. Her eyes turned fiery red, and her voice began to become raspy.

 Each time she said a word, her tongue slithered like a disgusting snake. She quickly looked around their room. Searching for anything she could possibility find. The devices were gone, some of their clothing and a few valuable items were gone from their usual spots. Eiko turned around, rushing down the dim hallway and over to the garage door, getting ready to forcefully open the door. Her breath was heavy, and her heart pounded harder and faster as the time passed by. The garage door swung open, to reveal an empty garage with no grey SUV, but a small black car.

 ''UGH. I TOLD THEM NOT TO GO THERE.'' Eiko yelled, her voice furious and enraged. Her palms began to sweat as she reached into her pocket. 

Reaching for a small phone with a black and white spotted phone case. 

''Maybe they went to get something to eat, but I've been paying attention.'' Eiko said, her voice loud, talking to no one but herself.

 She tapped the call logs, then tapped Kaede's number into the phone first. The number went straight to voicemail. Then, she called the next number, which would be Ayame's phone number she dialed in. The phone number also went to voicemail. Eiko clenched her hands tightly into a fist. She ran down the hall once again to retrieve her dark black coat, with white fur on the inside. She put the coat on in only a second, grabbing for her small black boots the next second and walking out the door the last second with watery eyes and with a twisted-up face. Eiko said in the driver seat with her hands on the steering wheel, getting ready to pull her car out of the driveway. The garage finally pulled up, as air from outside the garage flew into the garage sending the car forward just a bit. She decided to pull out of the garage anyways, despite the strong winds that caused trees to slump past a certain point, so far aside that they could snap. Eiko began to drive down the cold neighborhood street. The car as silent as a bird as her phone lit up the car. The rain dropping from the clouds fell onto her car, sounding like BB gun bullets flying against her car. Her windshield wipers didn't help, and her being on the streets at 4 AM in the morning on a Monday, definitely didn't help the situation anymore. Once Eiko got to the first streetlight she stopped, there was no where she could go because she didn't know where the girls have gone too. Their location is off, and their phone numbers are going straight to voice mail. Eiko frowned, as her eyes began to water. She placed her forehead on the steering wheel, as thoughts consumed her mind entirely. The only thing she could possibly think is to call the police, but that may not due much justice. By the time she reached the second streetlight she pulled Infront of the police station. The lights on one of the cars turned on and a man opened the door, coming out of the police car. Eiko rolled her window down as the man came walking closer. 

''Hello?'' The man said. His voice was deep, and he had a western accent. 

''Hello, my name is Eiko Mayumi. I'd like to file a police report for two missing children.'' Eiko said, her voice stained with fear and her uprising anxiety got worse as the police officer stared at her in confusion but with serious eyes. 

''Alright now, come inside.'' He said, backing away from the window.

 Eiko grabbed her phone as the police officer watched. She unbuckled her seatbelt and got out of the car within seconds. They both rushed inside of the police station. The rain poured heavily, and the storm wasn't easing up. Once Eiko left the police station, a search went on for the two girls. One girl, age 18 with soft coyly black long hair. Her eyes dark brown with pink and purple plump lips and a tiny nose. The other girl, her age 16. Her hair is long and straight, reaching below her shoulders. Her dark black hair falls above her eyes covering them with her bangs. Her eyes are light purple, with a black pupil. She is short, and thin. The last thing she was saw wearing was a purple hoodie, with brown sweatpants. The other girl, wearing a light green silky blouse with denim jeans that gripped tightly around her ankles. 

The girls haven't been seen in twenty-four hours so far, and as time passes by the thoughts of them being gone, or run-aways is stripping the grief away from Eiko. The surveillance in the neighborhood showed a light grey SUV going down a highway at nearly one AM in the morning, but the camera footage was lost due to the horrid storm, caused by a lightning strike, hitting the camera directly. The accident can show no proof of anything. The girls being kidnapped, or runaways is impossible to distinguish. Eiko could only guess they are runaways due to their weird behavior before all of this mess. Eiko laid peacefully, but fear still haunted her. The fact both of them were gone didn't seem right, and the house this quite hit the wrong parts of her body. Eiko broke down, crying at three AM. She couldn't sleep and dint want too. Her only child Kaede, she'd rose up and took care of her when she had no one else. She also took care of Ayame, even if she wasn't her daughter by DNA the fact, she was also gone, and she did not feel correct. Eiko rose up from laying down as tears dripped down her pail and slightly wrinkly skin.

 ''Why do I feel so much regret.'' She whispered to herself as she slipped on her slippers. 

She went to her computer, she sat down at the long desk, turning on the computer. The light from the computer hit her tired eyes, revealing her puffy red eyes from all of the nights she has cried. It's been a few days, but to Eiko it's felt like forever. 

''The only thing I can do is check their search history from here, to see what they've been up to for the last few months.'' She said underneath her breath. Within a few seconds, Eiko tapped her fingers across the keyboard.

 ''What...?'' Eiko said, clenching her fist against the table, then banging them erratically.

 ''SO, THEY LIED?'' Eiko yelled, her voice bouncing off the living rooms walls. The living room was dark, and cold. Her eyes dilated. 

''That was no job application... But an application to go to a jitsu academy?'' Eiko said, her voice tainted with shock and disbelief.

 Her eyes traced each side of the screen as photos from Kaede's phone screen appeared on her computer screen.

 ''And Kaede got accepted to it? But Ayame didn't.'' Eiko said, shaking her head...

 The next thing she looked at was the date of when the applications were created and accepted. ''The morning, I went to work on Tuesday, that night and the day after... on Wednesday.'' She said, her eyes wide with shock. 

''They were supposed to be there on Monday... This week...'' Eiko said, her voice filled with utter shock and complete hatred.

 Eiko was cold, her back and arms shivered with chills.

 ''They've scared me to death... and once I see them face to face, and I won't hesitate to slap both of them with the center of my hand.'' She said, rushing up from the chair.

 ''I'll just show this to the police tomorrow. The address is right here and everything... They aren't far from here...'' She said, getting out of her chair quickly.

 Eiko walked her tiny self over to the front door, grabbing her black coat hung on a tan wooden rack right beside the door. She had no hesitation to slip on her brand-new white sneakers and a white plaid hat. By the time she was done, she was out the door. Already in her car gripping on tightly to her car keys.