7

I'm lost in thought, watching him in his movements.

The slow stop in time is soon pushing forward, back into reality.

I shake my head from my trance, and begin listening to the men that stood in front of me.

"We mostly just train beginners here." It was Echo who spoke.

Echo

His voice was low, distant. He wore a black long sleeve shirt with a brown vest grappling to his chest. The vest had the auburn leaves, from the still trees, running across it.

He intrigued me for reasons i'm not quite sure of yet.

He was holding no weapons.

He must be fighting with his hands.

Dylan eyes him in confusion, worry plastered onto his face. "What exactly are we training for?" I know he knows the answer to that question. He just wants to know what they know.

We haven't told them about the journal, about moms correct predictions.

I don't know if I trust them yet.

Or if they'd believe us.

Echo shifts his weight, looking slightly uncomfortable at the question. His eyes trail into the deep golden green around us. "These training camps have been around for 20 years. At first it was simple, we trained for battle against our own kind, mankind, waiting for the nations to turn against the lower class. We used guns back then." He looks back at Dylan, his gaze becoming serious. "Until someone blessed with the eyes of the future led us to believe we wouldn't be fighting man." He looks down to me, studying my features, then looking to the sky. "We would be fighting against earths creations. Against the force of nature herself."

Dylan and I snap our eyes to each other, no doubt thinking the same thing.

I want to know who this visionary is.

I bet mom would've been intrigued by them.

Echo showed us around the camp grounds, pointing to various tents which all were very very big.

People lived here.

He showed us the hand crafted weapons, pointing down towards the river where 10 men were shooting arrows into the water.

I want to learn how to shoot with a bow. They made it look so easy.

But I still don't trust them yet.

After a while of talking and pointing, my legs become tired. It had been nearly an hour of walking around.

So much walking.

I should definitely work out more.

I was falling behind.

I can't help but notice Echo picking up the pace when we reach a larger tent, big enough to fit a well sized living room no doubt.

I stop before he could walk us past it, pointing towards the entrance. "What about this one?"

Echo stops in his tracks, not turning around to look at me. "We don't let anyone in there. That's Syrus' quarters." I smile amused.

"Well i'm sure he wouldn't mind if I..." My voice waves off as my hand reaches to the zipper of the tent, keeping my eyes trained on his back.