Chapter One

A/N: All rights go to Stephenie Meyer, I'm just a fan using my imagination and adding a twist to 'Twilight'

**********

"Bella, seriously if you don't wake up now you'll be late for school!" Charlie shouted through my closed bedroom door and I groaned.

It was Monday. I hate Mondays. They always drag. Charlie, my father, had been trying to get me out of bed for 15 minutes. I had heard my alarm but I just turned it off and rolled over like I always do which makes Charlie get frustrated and start shouting at me through my door. It was like every morning, it sorta became our routine now. I liked my sleep and getting up for school just ruined that. Why they had to make school start so early is beyond me. I swear they hated kids.

After lying in bed for another two minutes, I threw the covers off my body and shivered at the sudden cool breeze that hit me. I should be used to it, living in Forks Washington it was always cold but it was still a shock to my system every morning.

Before Charlie could storm into my room and drag me out of my bed, I slowly sat up and stretched before climbing out of bed. My tired body ached with every movement reminding me that I didn't get enough sleep last night. I was too busy watching 'Stranger Things' until the early hours this morning and I was seriously regretting it.

I opened my bedroom door to meet a red faced, annoyed Charlie. He looked at me at guilt flashed through his eyes before being quickly replaced with frustration.

"Ah, you're up," he grumbled folding his arms, "I thought I would have to come in there and drag you out of bed"

"Ha, Ha," I rolled my eyes and yawned, "I'm just not a morning person"

He chuckled. "You get that from me"

I agreed and slowly made my way to the bathroom. After doing what I needed to do, I brushed my hair deciding to let it hang loose today and brushed my teeth. When I left the bathroom, I could hear Charlie downstairs getting his work gear ready. He was the Chief of police in this small town so he always worked long hours and was very punctual. Hence why if I wasn't up at 7 he goes mad. Can't have the Chiefs daughter being late to school, I had a reputation to uphold.

Once back in my bedroom I rooted through my closet to find something to wear. We didn't have many nice, warm days so my closet was full of warmer clothes. I quickly pulled out a cropped red knitted jumper that covered just below my stomach, my favourite black pleated skirt and black tights. Satisfied with my outfit, I quickly shoved it on and paired it with my light brown boots. The outfit matched, it wasn't too in your face and it looked cute. I did well today considering I know nothing about fashion.

I kept my makeup natural, grabbed my school bag and a jacket and headed downstairs. When I was younger you'd never catch me in boots with a heal on since I was so clumsy, but as I've grown up, I've grown out of that...sort of.

I had lived in Forks my whole life. When Renee, my mother, and Charlie divorced I had a choice of who I wanted to live with. My mother was hoping I would chose her but we didn't share the same connection that myself and Charlie had so I chose to stay with my father. Charlie was thrilled but my mother was disappointed. She had made me promise to visit her every holiday and I had done up until the age of 14. That's when she remarried her new husband, Phil and I couldn't get along with the guy. My mother didn't question why I stopped visiting, she was probably too far up Phil's ass.

Charlie looked up when I joined him in the kitchen and I noticed he already had his work coat on. I glanced at the clock and noticed it was only 7:30am, why was he ready so early?

Noticing my confusion, Charlie answered my thoughts.

"There's been a series of killings nearby so everyone's been called in."

I nodded and poured myself some orange juice. "Any leads?"

"Not one," he sighed and I noticed how stressed he was about this. My heart twanged in sympathy. "But we'll catch them. I'm sure of it"

"Of course you will. You're the best Chief this town has ever had. If anyone will find the killer, it's you"

And it was true. Nothing got past Charlie. He knew about my not-so-secret boyfriend when I was 15, he knew about the times I used to sneak out and he knew about the times I 'slept' at a friends house when in reality I was at a party getting drunk. Having a father as the chief of police had its downfalls.

Charlie blushed in embarrassment at my words but quickly hid it. Like me, he couldn't take compliments without blushing like a tomato.

"Yeah well, it'll just take time. I'm going to be working late tonight so don't wait up and just see to yourself for tea"

I nodded and watched as he grabbed his car keys. He gave me a quick peck on the cheek before heading out of the door. I heard his car pull out of the driveway and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. He'd be okay, I knew that but that didn't stop the worry I had for him. If anything happened to him I don't know what I would do.

For the next 30 minutes I ate breakfast and made sure I had all of my school books. When 8am hit, I left the house and locked the door behind me before heading to my car. It wasn't much of a car, well it was actually Chevy truck that my father got me on my 16th birthday. It was old, rusty and definitely way past its date, but I loved it. As long as it got me from A to B, it didn't matter to me.

I drove to school jamming out to the radio. It was going to be just a normal day. I had no idea what was in store for me when I would return later on. Or better yet, what will be sat on my porch for me.

My life would change immensely and I had no idea about it.

Yet.