Chapter Twelve

A/N: All rights go to Stephenie Meyer, I'm just a fan using my imagination and adding a twist to 'Twilight'

**********

The school dragged painfully slow much to our dismay. We all longed for the final bell to ring so we could rush home and wait for Bella's arrival. Today we would finally get closure and figure out how we were going to about things. I knew I had to refrain myself from spoiling the third and final book from her, but that didn't mean we couldn't come up with some solutions and change a few things.

I hoped she had managed to speak to Jacob and put him in his place about what he felt for my girl. It's bad enough that no matter what he was going to be apart of our family, I didn't want to have worry about him running off with Bella.

When the final bell of the day rang out, I as quickly as I could without causing any superstition, rushed out to my car and waited for my siblings.

I leant on the side of my Volvo and listened to the thoughts of people around me, trying to find where my siblings were. They were at the other end of the school and it was clear they were in no rush to get tome and I groaned. Sometimes having siblings was the biggest curse in the world, it's like they lived to annoy you.

My ears picked up on another sound, a sound that I was so in tune to I would be able to pick it out anywhere. Bella was climbing down the steps, not far where I was parked. Angela wasn't with her yet and I watched as she reached the bottom step and fumbled in her pocket, probably trying to find her car key. I remembered the feeling of shock of seeing Bella arrive in her new car. I was used to listening out for that beast she called truck that I didn't even realise it was her that pulled in until Angela stepped out of the car.

Things were already changing. In Breaking Dawn, she didn't get a new car until the weeks up to the wedding.

Bella finally found her key and brushed a piece of hair that was on her face. I wanted nothing more than to do that for.

"New car I see," I said and watched in satisfaction as the blush appeared on her cheeks. I was going to miss that.

She turned to face me. "Yeah. An early birthday gift from Charlie and Renée"

"Your birthday is months away" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Don't remind me" she rolled her eyes and I chuckled. The books were right about one thing, she hated anyone mentioning her birthday. "They thought it was a good idea to treat me early since my truck was on its way out. Good timing as well, it died on me yesterday when I got home"

I tried to fight the smile that was coming on my face, I really did but clearly it didn't work. Bella noticed and frowned, she knew how much I hated that thing.

"Don't start dissing the truck. It served me well," she protested, "well that was until the alternator went, an air leak happened and an oil spillage"

When did she have time to take it a mechanic? From what I know from the books, Bella didn't speak car. She sensed my confusion.

"I took a look at it myself. I know what I'm doing under the hood of a car," she shrugged. "Charlie taught me well I guess"

Okay, now that surprised me. I never even thought about Bella knowing what to do, I thought things like that would either confuse her or bore her but I could tell by the look on her face she clearly enjoyed it. Rosalie will be thrilled, she would have another mechanic helping her when it comes to cars. My heart swelled with pride. My Bella was amazing, in more ways than one.

AlwaysOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara