Chapter Fourteen

A/N: All rights go to Stephenie Meyer, I'm just a fan using my imagination and adding a twist to 'Twilight'

**********

I watched as Bella was being passed around my family as they hugged her. I could tell she was nervous but she was doing her best to hide it. My family were overjoyed that she was here, especially Esme who was practically gleaming with happiness over her new daughter. She was happy that I finally found my mate and that we would spend forever together.

'She's beautiful, I'm so happy for you Edward' she thought when Bella first walked into the living room and I smiled.

Once the introductions and the 'we're happy you're here' were done, Carlisle decided it was time to discuss about the books and hear Bella's thoughts about it. We all settled in the living room and I sat on the chair across from where Bella was sitting on the sofa because Alice wouldn't leave her alone.

She was glued to her side.

It was annoying.

"So Bella, how do you feel?" Carlisle asked, he was nervous she was too overwhelmed and was scared for her answer.

Oh how I wished I could read her mind. Stupid mental shield.

"Overwhelmed, shocked," Bella answered, crossing her right leg over her left. Alice squeezed her hand I shot her glare to which she stuck her tongue out at me at. Bella ignored us. "Receiving those books was certainly a shock"

"I can imagine, it certainly was for us" Carlisle said, his eyes sympathetic.

"You're not overwhelmed by us are you?" Esme asked, concerned clearly on her features.

"No of course not" Bella quickly replied and Esme's face softened into a smile. "It's just I went from not knowing what I was going to do with my life, to suddenly knowing"

She can say that again. I went from always believing I would be alone to then find out about Bella.

"It was definitely something," I grinned and she nodded.

"I bet finding out you get married to a vampire was worse," Emmett spoke and I rolled my eyes. Sometimes I swear he doesn't have a brain.

Bella laughed, a beautiful sound. Rosalie glared at her husband and smacked him around the head - again.

"Emmett she's only on the third book!" She hissed as Emmett rubbed his head. He was cursing in his thoughts, he was sick of being hit. Rosalie turned to Bella, "I do apologise for my husband. Sometimes his mouth moves before his brain catches up"

"It's fine, Rosalie," Bella chuckled, "I already know that we get married"

I looked at her in surprise. Didn't she say yesterday she was only on the third book? My memory is perfect so I know she was only just coming up to our engagement. How much did she read last night?

"We thought you were only on the third book?" Alice asked, confused. Bella looked at her sheepishly.

"I was...until I finished it and started on Breaking Dawn"

Jasper, who was sat the furthest away and hadn't spoken since he muttered a quick hello to Bella, spoke up for the first time. He decided it was best to keep his distance, he was sticking to his word; he didn't want to hurt her.

"What part are you reading?"

Bella paused and I could tell she was trying to remember. She pouted and looked down before snapping her head up.

"Where Jacob left Sam's pack after they wanted to er...handle the 'situation'" I shot her a disapproving look, she should be sleeping not reading that much! "Don't give me that look Edward Cullen! By the time I had dinner and did my homework, there was nothing else to do. I lost track of time. It's easily done"

Emmett snickered. 'You've met your match bro'

"You should be getting plenty of rest" I said ignoring Emmett.

She shrugged. "I do get plenty of rest. Might not be enough for some but it's enough for me"

Before I could reply to her, Carlisle spoke up. We discussed the books and what we wanted to change about them. It was clear we were already changing things, but there was some things that I definitely didn't want happening.

Thankfully, Bella was on the same page. She agreed to most things and on the things she didn't agree on, we worked out. We decided that she would not be going to any baseball games with us so James and Victoria wouldn't be a problem, we wouldn't be leaving her -Bella practically hissed that at me to which I quickly agreed - so there wouldn't be the threat of Volturi as we wanted to keep them as low key as we could and much to Rosalie's disgrace, we would attempt to befriend the pack. Bella reassured us that the whole love triangle with Jacob Black wouldn't happen as she had made it obvious that she saw him nothing but a friend.

That made me grin. Ha, take that dog.

I also promised to change her when the time comes. Bella was confused at first, she hadn't got to the part where she would become a vampire -a brilliant one at that - but since I knew how she truly felt about becoming one, I had no doubts about it. Bella looked a little smug.

We also made sure not to give any spoilers out. She looked worried when the pregnancy topic came up but Carlisle reassured her that they would be better prepared for when that time comes and promised her it would be worth it. Bella was relieved by his words.

Worth it, yes. Renesmee would definitely be worth it.

Alice had also suggested that we take things slow. I didn't like the idea at first and by the looks of it, neither did Bella. She started to protest until Alice pointed out it would be weird if we were suddenly together especially since we've only 'known' each other for a couple of days. Plus, we had to ease Charlie into it. Bella, after some deep thought, agreed. She thought it would be good if Charlie had a better relationship with me.

Once we were all happy with the discussion, the fun started. Alice was quizzing Bella about her fashion and I watched in amazement as she giggled and laughed; even Rosalie joined in. Jasper spoke now and again but Bella didn't push it, she understood. Esme soon made Bella a hot chocolate which she drank eagerly, Carlisle discussed his favourite books with her and Emmett had a game of guitar hero with her. Bella won much to his dismay and horror.

She fitted right in. I joined in as much as I could but I soon drifted to my piano and started aimlessly playing. I heard her footsteps before she joined me on the bench and watched me play. She laid her head on my shoulder and I could practically feel my family's happiness as they watched us. 

The smile never left my face the whole tonight.

Too soon though, it was time for her to leave. She didn't want Charlie sending out a search party. We all waved her off and I managed to get another embrace off her and then she was speeding down our driveway towards her house.

Everyone went inside except Esme who stayed with me. She wrapped her arm around my waist and smiled.

"She's perfect Edward," she said smiling, "she's going to bring happiness to you and our family"

I nodded knowing it was the truth. Our lives have just gotten better and it's all because of those books.