31

The crisp morning air filled their lungs as Izuku and Katsuki set off on the trail, their laughter echoing through the trees. The sun peeked through the branches, casting dappled shadows on the forest floor.

"Come on! Can't catch me!" Izuku teased, darting ahead with a mischievous grin.

Katsuki's competitive spirit ignited as he picked up his pace, determination etched on his face. "Oh, you're so gonna eat those words!" he called out, a playful glint in his eyes.

They weaved through the trees, their footfalls creating a rhythmic beat against the earth. Leaves rustled underfoot as they dodged branches and leaped over fallen logs.

Izuku glanced over his shoulder, a wide grin plastered on his face. "You're falling behind! Better pick up the pace!"

Katsuki huffed, his breath coming out in quick bursts as he closed the distance between them. "Just you wait!"

They emerged into a clearing, the sunlight filtering through the canopy above. Izuku skidded to a halt, turning to face Katsuki with a playful smirk. "Catch me if you can!"

With a burst of energy, Katsuki surged forward, his determination driving him onward. "Izuku, you're not getting away that easily!" he shouted, his voice filled with excitement.

They raced through the clearing, the wind whipping past them as they ran side by side. Leaves fluttered around them like confetti, adding to the exhilaration of the moment.

Izuku's laughter echoed through the forest, a joyful sound that spurred Katsuki on. "You'll have to try harder than that, Katsuki!" he taunted, a twinkle of mischief in his eyes.

Katsuki grinned, his competitive spirit fueling his determination. "Izuku, you better watch out! I'm gaining on you!" he called out, his voice filled with exhilaration.

As Katsuki closed in on Izuku, he reached out with lightning speed, wrapping his arms around Izuku's waist and lifting him effortlessly off the ground. Izuku let out a surprised yelp, his laughter ringing out as Katsuki hoisted him up.

"Gotcha!" Katsuki exclaimed triumphantly, a grin spreading across his face as he held Izuku securely in his arms.

Izuku squirmed playfully, his laughter bubbling up uncontrollably. "Hey, put me down, Kacchan!" he protested, though there was no real urgency in his voice.

Katsuki chuckled, relishing in the moment as he held Izuku close. "Not a chance! You're not getting away that easily," he teased, his grip tightening ever so slightly as he spun them around in a circle.
As Katsuki set Izuku down gently, he reached out to grab Izuku's arm, intending to link their arms together as they continued their walk. But before their arms could intertwine, Izuku pulled back suddenly, a wince of pain flashing across his face.

Katsuki's brows furrowed in concern as he watched Izuku recoil, his hand frozen midair. "Hey, what's wrong?" he asked, his voice laced with worry as he took a step closer to Izuku.

Izuku shook his head slightly, a forced smile masking the discomfort in his expression. "It's nothing. Just a twinge," he replied, trying to brush off the momentary pain.

But Katsuki wasn't convinced. He could see through Izuku's attempt to downplay the situation, his concern deepening as he studied Izuku's face. "Are you sure?" he pressed, his voice gentle but insistent as he reached out again, this time more cautiously.

Izuku hesitated for a moment before nodding, his smile faltering slightly. "Yeah, I'm fine, really," he reassured, though there was a hint of uncertainty in his voice.

Katsuki frowned, his grip on Izuku's arm loosening as he took a step back, giving Izuku some space. "If you're sure..." he trailed off, his expression still filled with concern as he searched Izuku's face for any sign of discomfort.