Chapter 3- Oops, I was drunk

And just like that... three months had passed in the blink of an eye

The bakery was all set up to open next week, and Hye-Jin had started shooting her first drama two months back... apparently, she got the role of one of the friends of the female lead or something... she just wouldn't tell me anything about the drama! 
And... yes... I was still in this apartment... which meant I hadn't had any argument with him ever since that night that would be enough for him to terminate our contract... could you even call that an argument or what? 
Whatever.
The only thing that mattered was I hadn't seen him once in the past three months 
My life has never been so peaceful. 

"Please don't insult me or my family anymore"
"Then do you really mean to date my Jun-Pyo?"
"I think that's between the two of us"

Our eyes were fixed on the laptop, our minds focused on what was going on the screen.
Boys over flowers. The classic. 

"I can't believe she is returning the money," I said while licking the ice cream off the spoon before dipping the spoon back into the box to scoop out some more ice cream

"Things people do when they are in love. Don't worry, am sure you'd do that too if you love someone" I chuckled at Hye-jin's sentence

"Oh please. If I had to ever choose between a boy and a few billion wons... then always remember... no boy is worth a few billion wons" I said with a wink

"I'd like to hear you say that when you actually like someone"

"Oh yeah that's not happening... like ever"

"Bet?"

"Can we please just watch the drama?" 

"Okay okay"

We both giggled before we went back to watching the drama.

--

"Thank you for your work!!" I said to the workers who were now taking their leaves. They give me a smile before leaving the store. 
Taking in a deep breath, I took a moment to look around the store. My dream. And I was so close to fulfilling it. Next week is the opening... I can't wait for my family to see this. 
Hmm... maybe I should give them a spoiler. 

I turned around to the board that was kept in one corner of the room with the name of the shop "Lumière Pastries" engraved on it. It was scheduled to be put up two days later that why it was still in plastic wraps. 
I removed the plastic wraps and took a moment to look at the beautiful design of the board. A warm light pink background with "Lumière Pastries" written on it in italics with golden color. The color combination was perfect.

I took out my phone and took a picture of the board before sending it to the family group chat.
The Yoo's family chat:
Me: Oops, a spoiler 😋Anyways, see you all next week <3

I giggled. 
Just then I received a text. "Ji-Eun, I'll be late today... pack up is going to take a while... don't wait for me" That was Hye-jin's reply to my previous text "Hey! When are you going to return home?"

"Looks like you are alone today, Ji-Eun. Don't worry! We won't let this night go to waste!" Why did I speak about myself in the third person again? 

Shaking my head, I walked out of the store after turning off the lights and then locking the doors securely. I definitely do not wish for my store to get robbed before it even opened. 

Walking through the busy streets of Myeongdong, I won't lie but I was definitely tempted by the street foods around me, especially by their aroma. Tteokbokki, Hotteok, Japchae, Bungeoppang, Kimchi pancake and so much more! But I was not in the mood for some street food but something else... something like... SOJU!