Chapter 8- The unexpected

Unlocking my apartment, I hurried inside. The moment I entered the apartment, I was greeted by a very messy living room. And when I say very... I mean very. 
Papers bags were lying on the floor along with cushions and empty water bottles. Empty Coke cans were lying on the table with a plate of half-eaten tteokbokki. 
The first thing that came to my mind was, 
"Robbery," I said 

 I took out my phone to call the police and inform them about the robbery but stopped when I looked around the room once again. 
A robber wouldn't break into a house with tteokbokki and Coke cans, finish the Coke completely but have only half of the tteokbokki, make a mess, and leave right? 
A noise coming from one of the rooms drew my attention. It was Hye-Jin's room. 
I took small steps towards the room with a frying pan in my hand that I had grabbed from the kitchen earlier. I kept walking until I was standing in front of the room. 
I grabbed the doorknob and was about to twist it open but stopped when I heard the sound of someone crying coming from inside. 

"Huh? Is the robber crying inside or what? Because he realized that there was... practically nothing to steal from here?" 

I walked into the room which had a similar condition as the living room and in one corner of the room, on the bed... someone was curled up in the blanket and... crying?

I hesitated, "Hye-Jin?" 

"Leave me alone" She whispered

I was about to ask her to come out of the blanket but stopped when I saw an article opened on the laptop next to Hye-Jin

Fans were shocked when the dating rumors about the most popular actor, Lee Taeyong, surfaced the previous night. This was the first rumor the fans heard ever since his debut. 
Mixed reactions were shown when actor Lee Taeyong was suspected to be dating the supporting actress H from his new drama "Love's Epistolary"

 My eyes widened. 

"HEY! YOU-" I snatched the blanket from her as she looked at me with red puffy eyes and a runny nose, "YOU ARE DATING LEE TAEYONG?? THE LEE TAYEONG????" 

Now everything makes sense. The reporters, the messy living room, half-eating tteokbokki, and empty cans of Coke. Everything. 

She looked at me before tears built up in her eyes and she hid herself in the blanket yet again

"Check the comments. And other posts." She said while crying  

I did as she said. I scrolled down to read the comments but froze in my place when I read the first few comments. 
She is just trying to get some attention ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
How dare she try to seduce my oppa?! I hope you die!!!!!
She thinks seducing the most popular actor will get her new roles lol 😂

Now I know why she is crying. Anyone would. 

"Hye-Jin..." I said softly while gently patting her back 

"Get me some soju. Then we'll talk." She said and I nodded. Hye-Jin had always been like this. Whenever something is bothering her or if she is sad, all she needs is a few cups of soju and she'll vent everything. 

 I managed to get past the reporters, who were still waiting downstairs, without them suspecting anything. 
It was about 8:45 pm and the streets of Myeong-dong were filled with roadside food carts where people were enjoying their evening snacks.
After buying some soju and a few cups of cup noodles, I returned to the building. 
The reporters were still there but... this time there were more of them compared to what I had seen while leaving the building. 

The elevators arrived when the doors opened and I walked inside while waiting for the doors to close. Just when they were about to be close, a hand stopped it from closing. 
I looked up and my eyes met that piercing gaze yet again. 

"Oh it's my favorite annoying little tenant," he said with a smile while entering the elevator as the door shut behind him. The elevator began going up with a gentle tune playing inside of it. 

I ignored his comment and said, "Going home?" 

"Hey! This is the first time you haven't replied with something that would later turn into an argument..." he said while staring deep into me, "... something has changed, Mi Querida" 

 "Hah! Whatever!" I said rolling my eyes which made him chuckle 

"Yes, am going home. Might sound unbelievable but an 'enigmatic CEO' also needs to go home..." he said, "... am expecting someone" 

"A date perhaps?"

"More like, brother-brother bonding... you can come and check if you don't believe me"

I looked at him with slightly widened eyes, "Wh- Why would I?"

He chuckled yet again, "Moreover, you've already been to my house right? To be more specific, my bedroom-" I cut him off by keeping my hand on his mouth to prevent him from speaking any further

"HEY! DON'T MAKE IT SOUND LIKE-" I stopped when our eyes met. Our faces were inches apart from each other. He was taller than me which is why I was tiptoed and he was bending a little forward yet our faces were so close to each other. 
His hand, which was previously in his pocket, was now out as it reached out to my hand. His hand was big enough to cover my entire hand. 

Gently removing my hand he asked, "Sound like what?" 

I immediately removed my hand from his grip when the elevator opened on my floor. I cleared my throat before stepping out of the elevator

"Ji-Eun" I turned around when he called out my name 

"Don't order 72 packs of tissue paper again..." he said pointing at the bag of soju in my hand, "... You will be at your home... so I won't be there the next day to tell you to cancel the order when you wake up"

"AH THOSE 72 PACKS OF TISSUE PAPER!! WHEN WILL HE FORGET THAT!!!" I mentally screamed before taking a deep breath and walking back inside the apartment. 

I headed to Hye-Jin's bedroom where she was still crying. I somehow managed to make her come out of the blanket. 
She reached out for the bottle of soju and after having a few sips, she looked at me before saying, 

"I love him, Ji-Eun..." she said with tears built up in her eyes yet again, "... but we can't be together... people will never accept us" 

I immediately hugged her and patted her back gently while she kept crying, "Shh... it's okay... I'm here" 

But it wasn't okay. I knew it. But there was nothing that I could do.

"I love him too much... all those moments we spent together... when the first time he offered me a ride home... the first time we went for dinner without the crew and other staff... all those eye contacts... trying to hide our smile... I can't forget those, Ji-Eun... I just can't" 

Before I could reply, someone rang our doorbell.

"I'll get it. Don't come outside, it might be one of the reporters," I said making her nod

I walked to the main door but on opening the door, my eyes met with the eyes of the person I had least expected to be there

"Lee Taeyong?"