Chapter 5- When Life Gives You Lemons

"How do I look? This is all I've got" I said, standing in front of Hye-Jin. I twirled around once to show her the dress that I wore. A red satin bodycon dress that reached up to my mid-thigh and had a deep v-neckline.

"'This is all I've got'? This is all you need"

"Does that mean it looks good?"

"Good? Ji-Eun, you look absolutely stunning" I giggled at her reply 

"Really?"

"Oh trust me, had I been a guy I would've-"

"Stop right there. No. Nope. Not happening"

"Right, I should stop. We are getting late, let's go" She said and we rushed to the doorstep. While putting on my shoes, I stopped and touched my bare neck. 

"Hey! I can't go like this" I said in disbelief 

"WHY?"

"I CAN'T GO WITH A BARE NECK" I yelled back which was followed by complete silence. Hye-Jin stared at me in absolute disbelief. She took a deep breath before grabbing my hand and startling me. Looking deep into my eyes she said,

"THEN PUT ON A FUCKING SCARF! WE ARE LATE!"

"THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT-" she did not let me finish my sentence and before I knew it, we were already down the stairs, sitting in the car that was sent for us. I had a little doubt about a car being sent for taking us to the event but I shrugged it off because this evening was a big one for Hye-Jin.
Hye-Jin and I spent the rest of the car ride talking about the event. I could see how excited and happy she was. How can she not be? The first episode of her drama will be aired today and we'll be watching it together at the screening which will be followed by an after-party

"I wish my mom and dad could've made it here," she said, with a sense of sadness in her tone

"Don't worry, they said they will watch you from home right? Cheer up!" I said giving her a few shakes that made her crack up. 
However, I knew Hye-Jin wished that her mum and dad were here more than anything. Her dad fractured his leg last week and the doctor advised him to get bed rest for at least three weeks. Because of her dad's condition, her mum couldn't leave him alone which is why they couldn't make it. 
Hye-Jin had been sulking over it ever since she got to know about it yesterday and I have been somehow managing to cheer her up.

I'm sure she'll feel better once we are at the event.

And then we finally arrived at the event. The event was being held at the Phoneix Tower, one of Seoul's most famous conventional centers, which was over 40 stories high with an enormous hall situated at the top floor. Not only did the top floor provide a beautiful view of Seoul, but along with the hall it also had an infinity pool and a bar with the most expensive drinks  

Entering the hall, Hye-Jin was greeted by the director who congratulated her on her debut. This was followed by a few interviews and photo sessions of her. I stood a bit away, admiring her and thinking about how far she had come. We've been friends since childhood and nothing could make me happier than seeing her how she is right now, as an actress. 

"Ji-Eun" Hye-Jin called out, drawing my attention. A smile spread across my face when she hugged me. 

"Were you nervous?" I questioned

"Those interviews are scarier than they look. It seemed so easy when I watched them on the TV!" She replied making me chuckle 

"Hey! Isn't that Lee Taeyong?!" I almost blurted out but managed to restrain myself, my eyes widening with recognition 

Lee Taeyong. He rose to popularity a few years back after his role as a second lead in the slice-of-life drama, "When The Wind Blows". The viewers love his charisma both on and off-screen and ever since that, he has starred in many dramas as the main lead. His fan base just keeps on increasing. 
When we got the news of Hye-jin's selection in the drama, no one could believe that she was starring in a drama with Hwang Jun-ho as the main lead.