Chapter 6- Second First Meet

I must be out of my mind. 
I scoffed. 

"Ji-Eun... this is like the 6th time that you have scoffed in the past 15 minutes," a concerned Hye-Jin said, standing next to me. 

"I must be absolutely out of mind, Hye-Jin" 

"Tell me something new, Ji-Eun" I gave her an 'Are-you-serious?' look

"Hye-Jin... what is he doing here" I said, pointing at Jaehyun, who was standing at one corner of the room while sipping red wine and talking to a few people who were surrounding him 

"Hey... ISN'T THA-" I covered her mouth before she could yell any further

"I KNOW I KNOW WHO THAT IS... TELL ME WHAT THE FUCK IS HE DOING HERE?" 

"He owns Iris&co., Ji-Eun... and Iris&co. is the main sponsor of this drama... of course, he will be here...."
While talking to Hye-Jin, my eyes unknowingly went in his direction. 
Well, now this is bad. 
I didn't even realize that I was staring at him until we locked eyes. With a smirk on his face, he turned to the men he was talking to excused himself and started walking in my direction.
My eyes widened. 

".... and do you know, this drama was actually adapted-"

I interrupted her in the middle by saying, "Hye-Jin! I am going to... uh the washroom! Okay? I'll be back soon!" 
Not waiting for a reply, I walked away from there as fast as I could... just to avoid him. 

I kept walking till I was out of the crowd and into the long silent corridors. The only sound that echoed was the clacking of my heels. 
I continued turning my head back occasionally to check whether he was behind me until... I crashed into someone. 
Great! What an evening!

Glass on the floor, stain on the tuxedo, and drops of red wine on the spectacles. 
He was lying on the floor, both of his on either side to prevent him from further falling. He stared at me with an expression that I couldn't read. 
He was almost six feet and the thing that caught my attention the most was his phoenix eyes which had a rimless spectacle in front of them.

"Oh my! I am so sorry...." I bent down and took my handkerchief out of my purse, "... I was not looking ahead while walking"
I held the handkerchief in my hand not knowing what to do, "I am so sorry" 

A small smile spread across his face
"No, you don't need to apologize so much. It's just...." he paused and looked around to see the mess before continuing, "....a little red win" 

"Oh my... I feel terribly sorry" I said as I helped him to stand back up 
He looked down and stared at the stains on his suit which made him sigh
I'm doomed. 
If he is an important guest... then I am doomed for sure. 
I need to leave... as soon as possible.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard his voice
"But... have we met before?" he asked with a slight hesitation in his voice

"Huh?"

"No, I'm sorry... I must have mistaken you for someone else" He said and removed his specs in an attempt to clean them

"Please use this," I said offering him my handkerchief 

"It's oka-"

"No, it's not okay. I feel terribly sorry so please use this...." the moment he took the handkerchief, I took a few steps back, "... and uh... please excuse me... have a good evening?" that was the last thing that I said before running away from there as fast as I could. 
I spent the entire evening running from people.
Shit... Yoo Ji-Eun... What are you even doing?

"WAIT... HOW DO I... How do I return this... to you?"

Jaehyun's POV:

I've been wandering around in these halls for some time now. Damn that woman! 
Yoo Ji-Eun... why are you always running from me?