Chapter 2 - The First Time

The Littlest Warrior
Chapter 2
The First Time

Ezra had joined the Ghost crew and had been fitting in well. Kanan was still getting used to training his own Padawan, Zeb was still getting used to sharing his room with a bratty teenager, and Sabine was still getting used to having an annoying boy hovering around her. Hera seemed to be happy tho, having more life on board and a new crew member to her growing family. Chopper seemed bothered, but then again he was bothered by everything. Ezra was still pretty brash from living most of his life as a street rat back on Lothal, he still acted like a stray but did his part on missions and had yet to let his teammates down.

"Good work everyone." Hera announced. "We were successful in our supply run, the rebel forces will make great use of what we were able to liberate."

"Any less support for the Empire is a win in my book." Zeb smirked triumphantly.

"Do we get to keep any of this score?" Ezra asked, looking at one of the containers.

Kanan closed the lid, "This goes to where it's needed most, and that's not here with us."

Ezra sighed and began to protest, "We might need some of it? And we could sell some, use the credits we get to buy other things we need."

"Haven't you lost that selfish mindset yet?" Sabine frowned. "The world doesn't revolve around you, you know. You have to look at the bigger picture, think of those in need."

"I am!" Ezra shot back. "And I'm telling you, what if we NEED it more?"

"It's not up to you to decide that." Hera spoke back up.

Ezra sighed, "I'm sorry, captain."

"It's ok. This is still fairly new to you, there's a different concept of life when it comes to the struggles of war. As your master it's up to me to teach you." Kanan put a hand on his shoulder. "Go to your room and get some rest, use this time for reflection." Ezra nodded and walked off. Kanan sighed and sat down, "What am I going to do with him?"

"Don't stress it so much, you're doing your best." Hera sat down next to him, she playfully nudged him. "It's tough to be a parent, especially to an adopted teenager."

Kanan smirked, "Don't make me drop him off at the next outpost." He looked over at Hera and their eyes met, full of love and compassion. They leaned against each other fondly and softly.

Ezra laid in his bed. It had been several days since their argument and he had a chance to be left alone with his thoughts as the crew rested and prepared for their next mission. It was rare they had down time and they were able to go down onto a few other planets as they traveled for random work to earn credits, as Ezra said, that could buy them the things that they needed and couldn't liberate. Even tho they hadn't been out fighting and sneaking around Empire ships, Ezra felt exhausted the last several days. It had been a rough few days, he was feeling extremely tired and achy and at first he just brushed it off from having done so much off mission work on the different planets. He had been doing a lot of physical work and traveling, at first he tried convincing himself he must just be worn out. But Ezra hadn't been feeling like himself even after resting and it annoyed him. He hadn't been sick in a long time and he was having a hard time accepting it. He never showed any signs of weakness to his teammates. He tried to continue to pass it off, it was probably just a cold, must be from all the fatigue, it would pass. He was still taking part in missions, he wouldn't let this slow him down, he kept going out and working on their planetary stops. He lay in his bunk feeling weaker and weaker, he hadn't even had much of an appetite the last few days, the thoughts of eating just made him nauseous. That wasn't helping his body rest and recover. He could tell that his crew mates could sense something was off with him, but any time they asked if something was wrong he would brush it off with a smile, saying he was just tired and had a lot on his mind. That excuse wasn't lasting long for Kanan to believe tho, Ezra was not his usual vocal stubborn energetic self. He could sense something was off when he reached out to feel Ezra in the Force. He was not well and was actively hiding it, and what Kanan couldn't understand is why he wasn't being honest with them about it.