Chapter 5 - Communication

The Littlest Warrior
Chapter 5
Communication

A rotation later the Ghost arrived at the planet Eguta, it was a small planet that had no Empirical presence. They could get some fuel and a few supplies, but first Hera had to do one thing. Ezra had not improved, and as the hours went by he only seemed to get worse. She decided to call a meeting with the rest of the crew in the cockpit and devised a plan of attack.

"Looks like Ezra isn't getting any better." She announced and the others groaned with dismay. "I know, I know, but don't worry, this doesn't seem to be as bad as the last time. Hopefully we can nip this in the bud before it gets that bad."

"Well we do have the extra meds you got last time, we can always use those." Sabine suggested.

"And if not I'll rip his tonsils out myself before going thru all that again." Zeb balled up a fist.

"Relax." Hera held up a hand. "We don't even know if this is tonsillitis and strep again."

"I don't think it is, this time it feels different." Kanan agreed.

"What do you mean?" Sabine asked.

"Ezra took his mask off when he went down on Pyre." Kanan's reply made the others moan and roll their eyes. "My thoughts exactly, but what's done is done. I think that with the traumatic events that transpired and the added stress, his body succumbed to some sort of foreign germ or toxin and possibly irritation from the smoke and ash in the poor air quality."

"While we stop here on Eguta, there's a medical center here. We can get him whatever medicine he needs in order to recover from this."

"Well how do you suppose we find out?" Zeb asked.

Hera nodded, "You leave that to me." Hera and Kanan walked into Ezra's room where he was still sound asleep. "Ezra, hey, can you wake up?" She shook him gently.

Ezra groaned and opened his eyes, "What is it, what's going on?" He winced in pain.

"Guess you're still feeling pretty crummy huh."

"Yeah."

"Come with us, we've got something to try." Hera turned and headed into the hall.

"Come on kid." Kanan held out his hand. Ezra sat up and took his master's hand, letting him help him down from the top bunk. His equilibrium felt off, his head was dizzy, his fever was higher. They led him to the med bay where Chopper was waiting, Ezra began to bristle nervously. "It's gonna be ok." Kanan assured. Hera turned around, holding something in her hand. Ezra freaked out and leaped backwards with the Force so hard that he slammed into the wall and fell down.

"What's wrong with you?" Hera cried out, but finally caught herself and smiled, laughing slightly. "Relax Ezra, we don't have to do another strep test on you."

Ezra was still shaking slightly, "You.... you don't? Then what is..." He looked at her hand.

"Oh, this?" She held up what looked like a thin metal pencil with a light on the tip. "This is a probe, it's originally used for maintenance repairs, don't think it's original design ever called to be put in somebody's mouth, but I guess you could say we're using it for your own maintenance."

Ezra scoffed back a laugh at the bad joke. Kanan helped him stand back up feebly, "We're gonna have her stick this probe down your throat and have Chopper run a diagnostic on you."

"Eww." Ezra blinked with surprise, "You can do that?"

Kanan shrugged, "We're about to find out."

"Here, let's get the basic info logged into the system." Hera pulled out a thermometer. Ezra grimaced as she put it in his mouth under his tongue. After a few moments it beeped and she removed it. She frowned, "Higher than yesterday, that's not good." She logged in the data in the holo pad, then she pulled out a flashlight. "Let's see how things are looking."