Control

The sunlight through the window wakes Ember slowly and she burrows under her blanket and snuggles into the cool pillow... That smells like bourbon and leather... With a smile and a sigh she curls herself around Damon whose chest she had been unknowingly laying on.

Damon's fingers stroke her cheek gently and Ember blinks sleepily up at him. "Hi there." She whispers.

"Hi Princess." He murmurs and leans in to kiss her softly.

"Mmmmmm. When did you get here?" Ember asks still half asleep and drowsy.

"Just before dawn. Couldn't sleep with out you stealing the covers and using me as a pillow." He confesses.

Ember giggles and stretches up to kiss him again. "Awwwhhh. You are so whipped." She snickers.

Damon's eyes widen then she finds herself on her back with him looming over her. "Oh. You are so gonna regret that." He declares before attacking her throat and chest with hard kisses while she laughs and tries to wiggle away.

Damon's phone starts to ring and he pulls back from leaving faint love marks all over her neck to check the screen. Ember blinks up at him in a daze and he can't help but smirk as he looks at the screen.

"It's Liz." He frowns and answers the call.

"Liz, what's ...." He stops and frowns. "Ric is what?!?!"

....................

Alaric is sitting in a holding cell talking to Sheriff Forbes and Damon through the bars.

"I didn't do it." Ric insists.

"You're arresting him for what this nut job Dr. Fell says?" Damon asks.

Liz objects. "No, I'm detaining him. The cell is for his own good." She looks at Ric. "You were shot; Dr. Fell used vampire blood to heal you."

"Dr. Fell is the one who shot me!" Ric rants.

"Because you came at her with a knife!" Liz insists.

"Yeah, with a knife I had found hidden in her things!" Ric insists.

"Are we gonna ignore the part where he is one of the killer's victims?" Damon points out. "I mean, the guy was practically stabbed to death."

Liz looks conflicted. "Well, Dr. Fell suggested his wounds could have been self-inflicted." She points out.

"You think I stabbed myself?" Ric demands.

"Look, I think I don't know what to think." Liz insists. "I've got nothing, except murder weapons from your stash and a respected member of a founding family pointing a very long finger."

"She is setting me up. I'm being framed here!" Ric yells.

"Well, that may be so, but I don't have any proof of that." She points out.

"Well then we'll find some." Damon tells her.

"No, just stay out of this, Damon. You getting involved is only going to make matters worse." The Sheriff warns.

"Listen, Liz..." He starts.

"Don't make me put you in that cell with him!" Liz stares him down till he backs away.

............................

Ember and Elena enters the Sheriff's station as Damon walks up to them.

"Where is he? Is he ok?" Ember demands.

"Were you just..?" Elena gestures at the same time with them taking over each other.

Damon holds up his hands. "Ric's fine. Sheriff wants me to stay out of it."