Freedom

Stefan rushes to Ember's side and checks for a heartbeat. "She's just unconscious." He assures Elena.

"Damon?" She questions.

"Has to be." He nods and scoops Ember up. Elena is right by his side as they pack her to the car and head towards the cemetery.

........................

Ember wakes up about half way to the cemetery and as soon as the car stops she is out and running through the tombstones towards the Salvatore mausoleum. Stefan and Elena are right behind her and inside the crypt they find Damon kneeling by Bonnie with his bloody wrist pressed to her mouth. She has a bite mark on her neck which is still dripping blood.

Damon looks up at Ember. "We have a problem."

She rushes to Bonnie's side and her hands immediately start to glow softly as she heals the wound and he pulls his wrist back.

"Where's Alaric?" Elena asks behind them.

"I have no ideal. But based on the amount of blood Bonbon here is missing I say he's turned." Damon tells them.

"What do you mean he turned? I thought you were standing guard!" Stefan demands.

"Don't blame me. Blame Bonnie the blood bank. She fed him." Damon

"I had no idea what was happening." Bonnie protests. "Okay, the witches led me there. They wanted him to feed so he turned."

"So, where's the stake now?" Stefan asks.

"Oh, you mean the white oak one? The one that can kill an Original and wipe out an entire line of vampires?" Damon glares at Bonnie. "We don't know." He grits out the last few words.

"If you are so upset with me, why didn't you just leave me laying here instead of feeding me your blood to save my life?" Bonnie demands with equal fire in her voice.

"Because I do stupid things, Bonnie. I do things, like let my friend die with dignity when I should have just killed him." He turns his frown on Ember next. "Which is completely your fault."

His mood doesn't faze Ember as she pull her hands back from Bonnie's neck to reveal smooth healed skin. "Ok babe."

Stefan puts his head in his hands. "Alright, so how do we kill him now?"

"A witch can't truly make an immortal creature, there is always a way to undo a spell." Bonnie tells them.

"So, what's the witchy work around?" Damon asks.

"That's the problem. I don't know." Bonnie admits.

..............................

It's morning and Alaric is sitting alone at his desk in his classroom, his feet propped up on the desk as he twirls the white oak stake in his hands. He is flipping through the folder Ember had found the night before when he suddenly sits ip and looks out the door. He hears Caroline entering the school.

She is on the phone with Tyler as she walks through the halls and hangs up as she walks into the cafeteria and finds Rebekah alone, cleaning up the mess from the dance.

"Where's Matt?" She asks.

"He bailed. Got called into work at the last minute." Rebekah tells her.

"Are you kidding me? So, it's just us?" Caroline demands.

"Yes, and you're late. Clean up committee started at eight o'clock."

Caroline looks at her phone. "It's like 8:02."

"Exactly. I managed to turn up on time and I didn't even get to attend the dance that I organized." Rebekah walks past Caroline and empties out the trash cannon her hands.