Chapter 3

Marisa smiled as the fairies were willing to hear her terms. She began, "First and foremost, my freedom to pursue my magical studies without restrictions. I don't want to be stopped because my methods are kind of weird and frankly dangerous. Second, retaining ownership of my magical artifacts and tools. I don't want you to imprint your mana on them to track where I will be going. I value my privacy. Third, assurance of autonomy and decision-making in interactions with you. I should have the freedom to disagree with your decisions until we find a middle ground that benefits both of us," Marisa said, pausing to gauge the reaction of the fairies before continuing.

"Fourth, permission to continue my adventures and explorations unhindered. You can advise me on why I shouldn't go to certain places, and I will consider your counsel. Fifth, support for my endeavors to strengthen my magical abilities. Similarly, I am willing to support your plans in return. Sixth, mutual respect and understanding between us. I do not wish to be treated as a tool or a pawn, just as I will not treat you rudely or as mere boosters. I believe in seeing each other eye to eye," Marisa stated clearly, gazing at the fairy with unwavering determination.

The fairy, Elfijyah, expressed joy upon hearing Marisa's proposition, commending her intelligence and kindness. "Sure! Those terms are quite reasonable. My name is Elfijyah, a spirit of nature current rank is Imperial rank," Elfijyah said cheerfully. Marisa nodded, intrigued by the mention of an Imperial rank, realizing she had underestimated Elfijyah's power.

"Anyway, you have to return to the real world now. Don't be alarmed by any disturbances, as they are merely effects that we spirits acknowledge you," Elfijyah reassured Marisa, who nodded in understanding. Marisa gazed at her items with concern. Elfijyah reminded her, "You can simply call upon them, and they will appear in the real world as well," emphasizing the tangible nature of her magical artifacts."I see... thank you," Marisa said with a smile. 

Marisa awoke to the sensation of hunger and thirst, finding herself encircled by elves whose ethereal beauty surpassed the norm. The leader of the elves, speaking with a tone of respect, asked Marisa, "Oh, the great apostle of spirits, may we please ask for your name?" Despite Marisa's suspicion that he might be the eldest among them, she couldn't help but notice his surprisingly youthful appearance.

"It's Marisa," she said simply, as her last name sounded foreign in this world. However, her first name seemed passable. Due to their misunderstanding that her body's identity was that of a runaway slave, she knew she had to play the role perfectly – a beggar turned apostle. "Thank you for saving me from the cold and the wolves," Marisa added, her expression gentle as she smiled.

"No, no, it's because the spirits guided you here safely," the tribe leader said. "This one's name is Glarald Oakwood, Marisa-sama," he added. Marisa felt quite unnerved since it was the first time someone had shown reverence towards her. 

"Just drop the honorifics, as it's my duty as an apostle to guide you all as the spirits wish," Marisa said with a gentle smile, fully embracing her apostle persona. However, her stomach grumbled, momentarily ruining the atmosphere she had created. 

"As you wish, Marisa. We have prepared a feast to welcome the first spirit apostle," Glarald smiled as he guided Marisa outside the house, where she saw a huge feast in the middle of the forest clearing dedicated to her.

"Marisa, Marisa, um... can we share senses? The elves forgot to give us offerings because they thought we wouldn't get hungry, so we stole from time to time, and we wanted to partake in this grand feast as well," Elfijyah said telepathically, clearly embarrassed but her yearning for a proper meal was evident. Marisa chuckled inwardly, not expecting Elfijyah to ask her to share her senses when there was an easier way to make them included. 

"I have heard the spirit's voice. It said that the tradition of offering is lost, and they hoped that it will still be remembered," Marisa said, causing Glarald to widen his eyes as he realized he had failed the spirits by forgetting such customs. 

"My kin, we should also hold an offering ceremony to the great spirit, as they used Marisa as a medium to communicate with us," Glarald declared. To prove a point, Marisa asked Elfijyah to create a miracle with her as the medium. Elfijyah created a floral rain in the air, making the elves rejoice that the great spirit was still there, protecting them.

The council of elders had tears in their eyes, as they had believed that the great spirits were long gone. However, what they didn't expect was that they were still present, waiting for their voices to be heard. 

The great elf magician Illianaro laughed, his skepticism blown away as the apostle proved that she was the apostle of the spirits. "Elfijyah, the great nature spirit also known as the terror of the forest, is still here. Does that mean the other great spirits also exist?" Illianaro muttered, realizing his role to support this apostle with knowledge and hope.

The celebration began, and Marisa, true to her extroverted self, easily integrated with the elf people. She accepted and engaged in conversations with the elves, but when private questions were asked, she brushed them off. 

Marisa graciously accepted the gifts from the elves. As the day progressed, the entire community continued its activities. Marisa felt a sense of melancholy, reminiscing about the rowdiness of festivities in Gensokyo—danmaku battles, brawls, and even hugging Reimu. She missed Reimu deeply, longing for the companionship and the familiar banter that only her dear friend could provide.

"Marisa, are you okay?" Glarald asked, bringing her back from her thoughts. She looked at Glarald and another elf with green hair, who held a staff in hand. "Ah, this is Illianaro, the great sage of the village. He will be your teacher to educate you about various subjects," Glarald explained, introducing Illianaro while shedding the elf identity beside him. 

"Name's Illianaro, a king rank in wind magic. Nice to meet you, Marisa," he said warmly."Please take care of me, teacher," Marisa responded politely, causing Illianaro to burst into hearty laughter, surprised by Marisa's unexpected display of politeness.

----------------------------------------------

A/N:

Oh boy, did I just speed through that? Did I trip and stumble somewhere along the way? Ahh, the suspense is killing me—please, enlighten me if there's room for improvement! Don't hold back, I can take it... maybe!