17

Hi. If you are a new reader who happened to see this, then welcome. If you are one of the veterans, I will say that this chapter is a draft that I never posted when wrote this fic before. I lost interest in (also cause it slightly deviates from the meaning of this book in order not to involve main characters into class conflicts) and didn't finish it, but now I've decided to get it over with.

So, I know that this statement has puzzled you, but we won't give up, right? We will definitely come up with something, I promise you.

Of course, Ichinose-chan!

You can count on us.

Honami-chan go ahead!

This is really unexpected, but it seems that something is definitely wrong. The school suddenly announced to us a new exam, which destabilized the situation in the classroom. At first we thought that we had to wait until the end of the school year, take the last exam and go on short-term holidays, but...

– Wrong.

Suddenly, after words of support for our universally recognized class leader, someone got up from his seat and attracted the attention of the entire class. It turned out to be Kanzaki, another of our classmates. Judging by his tone and actions, he seems ready to challenge Ichinose's decision. Well, this is his right in our democratic society.

– Kanzaki-kun?

– We can't dodge this exam. You understand this because we don't have 20 million points to save any of us.

– That's right. That's why I want to find a solution.

– It exists. We just need to exclude someone.

Yuki and I looked at each other. If the situation develops in this way, anyone could be in danger. Of course, it's hard to believe that our classmates will take Kanzaki's point of view seriously, but still, the peak time on this exam can become a point of critical situation for any student. In this case, they will probably try to direct the voting power given to them in the direction of least resistance.

This means that...

– Kanzaki-kun! Don't say that, we'll definitely find another way out!

– These are idealistic thoughts, Ichinose. However, Class A has already shown that we are in a bad position, and Ryuen now is really on our heels.

The blows from the two classes next to us in terms of position really turned out to be heavy, especially for Ichinose, who stayed away from everyone for a long period of time. Now she is trying to smile and do everything for the sake of others, but her condition is still unstable, many people understand this.

However, Kanzaki is now taking advantage of this weakness to advance his position on what is happening. Is it possible that he is the mastermind of Class B, who manipulates everything from the shadows?

– This doesn't mean that we need to exclude someone.

– But that's the exam. If we exclude someone good, then we will be defeated, but if we get rid of less useful assets...

Then his gaze went all over the class and fell in my direction. I wonder who he thinks I am. My grades are far from the worst in the class, so this point of view is probably caused by some other reason.

Although, after a while, his eyes focused on Yuki. Does he have any personal complaints about us? I don't think Yuki or I did anything wrong with Kanzaki. Well, my girlfriend really could have been rude to him somewhere at the beginning of the school year, but it would hardly have been a sufficient reason for such a long-term hatred.