11

"you know, my dream has always been to just chuck it all and become an artist living in a garret, poor but free!"

Ron looks down a bit guilty, remembering all the times he had lashed out at her in jealousy, but seeing how trapped she is on the screen has made him feel guilty, she wants to be poor but free where as he wants to have money - he never really considered the price that it might have came with

"you wouldn't last two days. There's no hot water, and hardly ever any caviar" jack laughed

Rose grimaces at the mention of caviar.

And a lot of the people look at the screen in sympathy, even if a lot of families don't have money they never have to live like that, and they couldn't imagine the struggles especially considering they don't have magic and they can't just transfigure something.

"Listen, buster i hate caviar!! And I'm tired of people dismissing my dreams with a chuckle and a pat on the head." Rose says in an angry flash.

Ron looks at her in horror, he doesn't know what caviar is but at the end of the day it's food, and food can never be disgusting.

"I'm sorry I really am"

Rose smiled at the scene, jack never made her feel like a silly girl like everyone else does, he takes her feelings into consideration and actually apologies with meaning not just words.

"Well, alright. There's something in me, Jack. I feel it. I don't know what it is, whether I should be an artist , or, I don't know a dancer. Like Isadora Duncan or a wild pagan spirit" she speaks as she leaps forwards, lands deftly and whirls like a dervish. Then she sees something ahead and her face lights up.

"Too princess like to become and Auror like your farther potter?" Drawls Snape, rose looks at him noting that many people in the great hall are looking at her in surprise, people expect her to become an auror like her farther but that isn't what she wants, why does she have to be something she's expected to be?

"no" she answers simply, she doesn't wanna give Snape a time of her day, it's clear he isn't changing and she isn't gonna force him to.

"..or a moving picture actress!"

"what's an actress?" A curious 4th year slytherin asked remembering earlier that someone mentioned that it was Roses future job.

Hermione was quick to answer "an actress is a woman who acts in stage plays, motion pictures, television broadcasts etc, especially professionally!"