17

A man is playing with his son, who is spinning a top with a string

A man is playing with his son, who is spinning a top with a string. The man's overcoat and hat are sitting on a deck chair nearby. Jack emerges from behind one of the huge deck cranes and calmly picks up the coat and bowler hat. He walks away, slipping into the coat, and slicks his hair back with spit. Then puts the hat on at a jaunty angle. At a distance, he could almost pass as a gentlemen.

Many girls couldn't help but grimace as Jack slicked his hair back with spit, did all guys do that?

The 21 year old Junior Wireless Operator, hustles in and skirts around Andrews' tour group to hand a Marconigram to Captain Smith.

"Another ice warning, sir. This one from the "Baltic"

"What's the "Baltic"? Someone in the great hall spoke up.

"I'm pretty sure it's a ship, but i'm not sure"

"Thank you, Sparks" Captain Smith glances at the message then nochalantly puts in his pocket. He nods reassuringly to Rose and the group.

"Not to worry, it's quite normal for this time of the year. In fact, we're speeding up. I've just ordered the last boilers in"

Rose gulps as Captain Smith says that, and grips her chair tightly.

Andrew scowls slightly before motioning the group towards the door. They exit just as second officer Charles Herbert Lightoller comes out of the chartroom, stopping next to First Officer Murdock.

"Did we ever find those binoculars for the look outs?" Lightoller questioned Murdock.

"Haven't seen them since Southampton"

Andrews leads the group back from the bridge along the boat deck.

"Mr Andrews, i did the sum in my head, and with the number of lifeboats times the capacity you mentioned ... forgive me, but it seems they're not enough for everyone on board.

This sent many people into panic, knowing that the ship had sunk, but then it probably sinks in the future, right? I mean, Rose is safe and alive, but that doesn't make it any better, knowing that many muggles in the future will die and they can't do nothing about it.

"About half, actually. Rose, you miss nothing, do you? In fact, i put in these new type of davits, which can take an extra row of boats here" he gestures along the deck "But it was though... by some... that the deck would look too cluttered. So i was over-ruled"

"That's stupid" McGonagall mumbles under her breath, so people could die, because these people didn't want the deck to look to cluttered? So what? They will be thanking him when it saves their lives.

Cal slaps the side of the boat "Waste of deck space as it is, on an unsinkable ship!"

"Nothing is unsinkable" Dumbledore answers, to which a few people nodded, it would just be harder to sink.