15

Rose crosses A-Deck foyer, sighting Jack at the landing above

Rose crosses A-Deck foyer, sighting Jack at the landing above. Overhead is the crystal dome. Jack has his back to her, studying the ornate clock with it's carved figures of Honor and Glory. It softly strikes the hour.

Moving with Rose as she goes up the sweeping staircase toward him. He turns around, when he sees her he smiles

"Want to go to a real party?" He raises an eyebrow at her smiling

Lavender shrugged, of course she was disappointed that they weren't going to make out, but it's a way of getting to know the other person.

Crowd led and alive with music, laugher and raucous carrying on. An ad hoc band is gathered near the upright piano, honking out lively stomping music on fiddle, accoridon and tambourine. People of all ages are dancing, drinking beer and wine, smoking, laughing even brawling

Many people looked at the screen in awe, as it was their first time seeing a muggle party, it was certainly different than the wizarding ones, the muggles seemed more free and they seemed to not care about what other people thought of them.

Tommy hands Rose a pint of stout and she hoists it. Jack meanwhile dances with five year old Cora Cartmell, or tries to, with her standing on his feet. As the tune ends, Rose leans down to the little girl.

Rose sighs looking away from the scene, bitterly remembering how Jack would never be able to meet their child.

"May I cut in miss?" Rose asks Cora "You're still my best girl, Cora" Cora scampers off. Rose and jack face each other. She is trembling as he takes her right hand in his left.

His other hand slides to the small of her back. It's an electrifying moment.

Many people smirk at their close approximation

"I don't know the steps" "just move with me. Don't think" the music starts and they are off. A little awkward at first, but then she starts getting into it.

She grins at Jack as she starts to get into rhythm with the steps "Wait...stop" she bends down, pulling off her high heeled shoes, and flings them to Tommy. Then she grabs Jack and they plunge into the fray, dancing faster as the music speeds up.

Many people watches mesmerised at how easily they fell into sync with eachother, whilst others cheered on on-screen Rose and Jack.

The scene is rowdy and rollicking. A table gets knocked over as a drunk crashes onto it. And in the middle off it... Rose dancing with Jack in her stocking feet. The steps are fast and she shines with sweat. A space opens around them, as people watch them, clapping as the band plays faster and faster.

Ron and Hermione smile gratefully at on-screen Jack, they have never seen Rose this happy with someone after such a short time.

Fabrizio and Helga. Dancing has obviated the need for a common language. He whirls her, then she responds by whirling him... Fabrizio's eyes widen as he realises she's stronger than he is.