[7] I'd always protect you

Caitlin

Kakarating ko lang when all of a sudden, Thang came to me. 

I was about to wear my shoes, getting ready for our morning training. 

"Cait, Nakita mo na ba  mga 'to?" She asks, handed me her phone so I could see those videos and pictures she's referring to.

Honestly, nagulat ako when I saw those photos of us holding each other's hands. Hindi naman ako nagulat na magkahawak-kamay kami sa videos and photos. What actually had me in shambles is that, sobrang dami pala ang nakapansin. Since for us, that's pretty normal. That's how, I can say, close we are to one another. We are already too comfortable sa presence of the people around us at sa clinginess lalo na ni Bea at Deanna. 

So for the whole time na magkahawak-kamay at magkalapit kami ni Deans, wala naman akong inisip na iba. Or anything malicious to be specific. 

Everything happened so fast, knowing na kahapon lang to ha. Pero, oo nga naman, isang Deanna Wong nga pala ang kasama namin.  Of course, lahat ng cameras, sa kaniya nakatutok. S'yempre, bukod kay ate Alyssa, ate Den at Bea. 

Knowing her, for sure she'll be worried about me. Does she know already? 

Hindi malabo. By now, malamang alam na niya. 

I gave Thang her phone back. 

Sabay na sana kaming babalik sa gym ni Thang nang biglang nakasalubong namin si Bea.

"Cait, can we talk?" Bungad niya. 

I wonder kung tungkol saan. Before I could say a word, nagpaalam na si Thang-thang na mauuna na.

"Mmm Bei, tungkol saan ba?" I ask. 

"Have you seen uhmmm... those photos and videos of you and Deanna holding hands circulating on social media already?" She asked. 

"Oo. Kapapakita pa nga lang din sa 'kin ni Thang ngayon" I replied and looked at her. "I know na nag-aalala ka."  I said and offered a smile.

"Of course. Okay ka lang ba?" She asked while staring into my eyes intently. I can see nothing but mix of frustration, worry and sadness.

As our friend and team captain, she probably wants to make sure that everything's okay. 

She genuinely cares for us. 

I reached for her hand.

"Bei, okay lang ako." I said and gave her hand a reassuring squeeze.

She nodded, heaved a sigh of relief after.

"Cait, you know naman for as long as I can that I'd always protect you, right?" 

"I know. Kaya nga I don't worry about anything eh. Because I know, you'll be there for me no matter what." I said sincerely appreciative. 

I gave her a long tight hug. She hugged me back tighter and gave me a gentle kiss on my forehead. 

Parang gusto kong maiyak.  It really feels so good na someone genuinely cares for you, na handa kang i-console whenever you need it. Napaka-pure and genuine.   

I can't explain but, I feel safe with and around her. Para bang I don't need to worry about anything 'pag nand'yan siya. Sigurado ako na kung mayro'n mang problema, magiging okay din 'yon. 

As our conversation went on, I just tried to joke around and to play cool about it hanggang sa makabalik na kami sa gym and magsimula ang training. Ayoko pang mag-alala siya at lahat sila sa team.