Not a heartwarming meeting

Author pov

The sound of cameras were echoing in the whole room. People walked everywhere to find the smallest evidence they could spot. In the middle of the room a woman laying on the ground lifeless with her eyes wide open.

"We identified the victim sir. Kim Ji-su, 17 years old, goes to Hanlim multi art school in the Songpa district sir." The agent said to the head inspector. "Any relatives or any close friends." he asked while not leaving his eyes from the lifeless body. "Well, her parents are on vacation, but she does have an older sister who is currently in the country." the agent responded. "Any names?" Jun-ho asked quickly. "Kim Chae-won,sir. She is 27 years old and works in Cheil General Hospital."

His eyes grew wide when he heard the name of Kim Chae-won. He knew the world was small but looking back at the victim he knew exactly which Kim Chae-won they were talking about. He felt his heart drop to his stomach. Those kinds of cases were already hard to deal with, but for him it took a whole other turn. How is he supposed to tell his ex-girlfriend that her only little sister that she cherished so much was dead and moreover killed.

Walking through the halls with some files in her hand she quickly made it to a room to explain to a patient the next procedures of his surgery. "We recommend most patients to stay another week or two after the surgery sir so please make sure to be well rested." the patient nodded and they gave Chae-won some sweet words about how she has been the best since the beginning of the treatment. What made her smile big time, but the conversation quickly got interrupted.

"Dr. Kim you are called at the front." said a nurse looking rather alarmed. Chae-won quickly excused herself and followed the nurse. The confusion in her eyes was quick to notice when she saw two police officers who explained that they were waiting on her. "Dr. Kim, we are here to ask to follow us to the station." they said. "What? Why? I'm in the middle of work. I have a surgery in less than an hou-'' she was quickly cut off by one of the officers saying. "Your sister, Ji-su died today and we need you to identify her ma'am."

Her silence and shock were louder than ticking bombs. "W-what do you mean she died?'' she said with her voice trembling and tears building up in her eyes. "She was at school she is, she is ,she is." the pain in her voice kept getting louder. "You should come with us to identify her now." The officer said trying to be as professional as he could.

It always hurted to see relatives of victims in that state like that. She was in full shock and panic, crying over her little sister's death over and over. "H-how did it happen? She s-she is always so careful, she never is around bad people. So how?" she looked over, confused. One of the officers was too hesitant, and the other agent noticed and answered instead. "Ma'am we will tell you every detail when we are back at the office" Chase-won felt her heart drop. She kept praying to wake up from this nightmare, but everything felt too real to be fake.

She was filled with questions because she simply didn't get how and why someone like her sister would die like this so sudden. She was careful and well behaved and certainly knew how to defend herself.

Time passed and they arrived at the police station and they led her to one of the interrogation rooms. They gave her a coffee and some napkins. She was sitting there in the interrogation room waiting until one of the officers or inspectors came in. She needed explanations, every single one of them.

Jun-Ho pov

Walking in that interrogation room must have been the hardest time in my whole career. The moment I noticed her I directly saw her eyes were red and full of tears and it almost broke my heart again to see her like this.The girl who brings smiles to others and joy who is know for her beautiful smile, was there crying every tear of her body out. Once she heard my steps she turned around to see who came in. I could clearly see her shocked face when she recognized me after wiping her tears.

"P-paek Jun-ho?" she said, struggling to talk. "Are you the head inspector of the case?" I just nodded at her question and took a seat across from her and took the file out. I didn't want to act too familiar with her so being cold was my only option. "W-what happened to ji-ji Jun-ho? Tell me the truth". I placed the pictures on the table one by one. Not being able to directly look at her I cowardly looked at the pictures and said.

"This girl has been murdered. We found this ID on her. We wanted to confirm if it was your sister." For a moment I couldn't hear anything. So I took a look back at her face to see her being completely horrified by what she just saw. After hearing nothing for 2 minutes I went on with my questions.

"We found your sister dead at 9pm in the living room of your parents' house. After researching, our team said she must have been laying there for at least 3 hours before we found her body. Can you tell what you did around the hours 6 to 9pm?"

After I finished asking those questions she still didn't answer but after looking into her eyes I noticed she was very focused on the pictures that were laid on the table. It was like something there bothered her terribly. I knew her well enough to know that something was off when she had that look on her face.

"What's wrong Chae-won? Does something seem off? Please tell me if there is." she pointed at the shirt of her sister. I looked at her confused, not understanding why she pointed at it . "T-this isn't hers s-she doesn't wear green." she said, her voice almost shaking.

"Do you know who it's from?" she just shook her head not looking at me. "Is that all?" she gave me a small nod in response. Knowing that all of this was already much, I didn't want to bother her more with these questions about the pictures so as not to completely get her off her thinking track. I quickly asked her. "Can you tell me what you did around 5 and 6pm?"

[ hey it's me! thanks for reading hehe ^^. Don't be shy and replay the music ok . Enjoy <3]