Puzzeling up the crime

Meanwhile, Chae-won was already making a killer profile. Knowing that the potential murder weapon was an icicle it must have been a muscular man she thought. An experienced one as well to hit that exact point to make sure his victims died on the spot. The possibility of the killer being a woman was not impossible as well but, psychology proves that women would adopt a less aggressive way of killing their victim. And for the icicle to penetrate this accurately the killer needs a required speed and force for that. While an average korean woman won't, the speed level would be good but not the physical force. So it was natural to look for a strong fit male who has experience in killing.

The fact that the victims all got stabbed in the zone of the mid jugular and their inferior jugular. Proves the fact that the person was certainly not a surgeon. An actual surgeon would have gone for a spot less complicated that doesn't require that much physical strength. So, it could maybe be a person who did more of his own research to know how to directly kill his victims. He might work in a lab since he made use of an icicle. To make it this sharp it had to be cold enough but, there are no marks of burn on the victims. So he was very fast or the icicle wasn't cold enough to burn. Without risking the icicle to melt and not be sharp enough he must have worn some gloves.

Her thoughts were going wild to make a good profile of the killer. She had some information but way more conclusions. Nothing led her directly to the killer. She didn't know that her knowledge could have been crucial to the killer's profile for the police.

Even though she was ahead of them in some things she just knew by asking or telling too much Jun-ho would notice her behavior. The problem was that Chae-won didn't know how to lie to him. Even through her most convincing smiles he could see right through her just like a clear glass. ' I need to do this on my own.' she thought while frowning.

It's been thirteen days since her sister was cruelly murdered in her parents house, and she is still not getting any rest till she finds answers. All her attention went to the case at the point that she doesn't cook for herself or do groceries. She forgot herself completely and took care of the case. She felt so close to finding the killer but, yet so far away to know his exact identity. So how could she stop and get rest while being so close to know who was the bastard behind this.

Today she made a scary decision to visit her parents' house later tonight to find more clues. She knew she couldn't go there early since the cops would be there and come guard the place so nobody would enter except for them. She knew since Jun-ho told her one day he has to go instead of another guard who felt sick. So going later was the perfect plan for her. She was sure it would be safe since the neighborhood itself was a good and quiet place.

Traveling back to the police station, you had Jun-ho who was going-over the student files from school for the 4th time. He was trying to find the smallest thing that could link the three victims but the three of them had nothing, not a single friend in common. He was sure he must have been looking over something important.

One was a lively and sweet student specialized in the art of photography. Was known for her kindness at school and her little cookies she would make for her class every now and then. She is a five foot three student with short hair. The other one was a troublemaker and a bully who was the elite of digital art. Had her little group of friends but were feared in the school. The last one was a quiet and introverted student in the old Japanese art of ukiyo-e. She didn't really have friends and she was the top student of her class each and every time. Was known among the teachers to have multiple talents though.

Jun-ho kept reading and reading and didn't find anything that could connect one victim to another. He was searching backgrounds and family or hobbies but nothing was linked.

Jun-ho pov

This was a real torture for me. It was like that one last piece of a gigantic puzzle that was lost somewhere in the house and is nowhere to be found. I was frustrated because the pressure on my shoulders was huge. I kinda felt like an idol whose fandom was blacklashing him for everything I did or didn't do. Which was nothing new for them but it definitely was for me.

I took one less look at the files desperate to find something ,until I got interrupted. "Sunbae, the main computer doesn't work again." one of the cadets complaid. I just sigh because it happened way too often for me to not be annoyed. " I'm coming just wa-" and at that moment something came up to me. 'Computers?' I thought to myself. "That's it!"

I stood up and took my jacket quickly. "Where are you going?" is what I could hear ki-hyun saying from far away in the direction i was heading. I looked at him while walking towards the exit. "To Hanlim multi art High School." I said with a grin. I finally knew what was going on. Knowing that the last piece of the puzzle was no other place than at the school itself was one of the best feeling ever.