Nine. Jersey

As the spirit gently massaged Judith's bare shoulders and back, the living woman could barely comprehend her new living arrangements.

The spirit she managed to reach out to and name Jersey the morning before had been showing her great comfort and admiration ever since.

Judith felt relaxed and for the first time since her arrival, truly at home. It had been twenty-nine hours since their proper introduction and Judith was comfortable enough lying in bed unclothed while Jersey used their wandering hands across her back.

"Hmm, that feels good," Judith muttered with delight. A firmer press indicated the spirit's acknowledgement. "Keep going," she murmured.

It appeared Jersey also enjoyed every part of the pleasure they gave Judith, and without expecting anything in return.

Almost the perfect man, Judith would think whenever the topic came to mind. Almost because she would never want just a yes man who was too afraid to ask for anything in return.

"Oh Jersey, I wish I could have known you in your previous life. It saddens me I don't even know your name," Judith spoke softly.

Or gender come to think about it...

Judith wanted to know more about her host. A ton load more but she knew better than to pursue the yes and no game every time. She just hoped they would find a better way of communicating soon.

As evening began to settle in Judith found she could no longer fight the impending slumber. She began to snooze to Jersey's delicate touches.

"Goodnight, Jersey," were her final words before drifting into a slight snore.

The spirit continued rubbing and pressing on her back for some time afterwards. When Judith fell into a more deeper sleep she was easy for Jersey to roll her over onto back.

Jersey did not think of themselves as a bad ghost, but it knew what it wanted and did not feel any guilt as long as it believed the sleeping woman was also gaining pleasure and enjoyment from their aberrant ways.

As far as it could tell Judith did not seem to mind at all being the attention of its perverseness. It could sense her loniless the moment she first stepped foot into its house. The woman needed its attention, they both knew that.

Jersey pressed delicately on Judith's ample soft breasts, gently thumbing her pink nipples. The spirit blew cool air onto her exposed skin and placed small subtle kisses on her neck. This received a satisfying response from Judith.

When they had died, the spirit named Jersey knew only one thing. In eternity it wanted its house kept clean. The spirit had no desire for human contact; not in its human life nor after death.

At least not until it had met Claire, a previous tenant of the property. A thirty something publisher from London. Claire did not wear many clothes when at home; this awakened desires inside the spirit. A need to touch and be with Claire.

Unfortunately, the self-centered woman was not very receptive to the spirit's advances and fled soon after, condemning the house and the demons within.

There were other tenants who had come and left the property over the preceding years before Judith and every one of them the spirit tried so hard to love.

It was particularly offended when not even men took kindly to being pleasured by an unseen spirit. That was now the past and Jersey now had Judith who was just as lonely as it was.

Jersey continued to play with the sleeping woman's body for several more minutes before departing. As much as it liked Judith it was growing frustrated with her lack of motivation for cleanliness around the house.

The spirit wondered if there was anything it could do to make Judith tidy more. Something forceful maybe, a thought it did not like very much.

Jersey moved the tenant's coffee cup and 25th wine glass from the front room to the kitchen sink. It took extra care to wash them, knowing how important the wine glass was to Judith.

The spirit did not know if it could feel anger, they felt like Judith was taking advantage of their good nature; many people did when they were alive, but they hoped the woman would begin to show more respect around the house instead of moping around all day. She did not appear to have a job yet as far as Jersey could tell.

After dusting the front room all that was left was to hoover but even the spirit knew that was a bad idea while Judith and the neighbours slept. As much as it pained Jersey to leave the carpets looking dirty it knew it would have to wait until morning.

After they were mostly satisfied with the tidiness, Jersey passed through the front door and stood on the top step. It was the furthest they were able to reach with every previous attempt to leave the property.

Instead it grew accustomed to watching the stars and passing planes, dreaming of the life they were denied. Jersey watched the cars go by and the lights in the other houses go out, one by one.

No one paid them attention because no one could see them. Jersey watched the world pass by from their little house in Loughborough, fascinated with the many changes that have come about since the sixties.

The sixties in which Jersey met their end; when an essence of pure evil entered their home. A cheating husband who used the person that Jersey once was to seek satisfaction away from his wife leading to the brutal murder of that person.

Thoughts of that night now haunted Jersey less and less. Almost sixty years had passed since that unfortunate night and before all Jersey knew, that man could now be dead himself.

He was a sex fiend who notoriously slept with women and even men outside of wedlock. The spirit never found out if he was ever caught and brought to justice or if he had simply escaped.

Jersey stood in that spot until sunrise, somehow it could feel the warmth of the sun. A somewhat confusing yet enjoyable feeling that the spirit looked forward to every morning. It ventured back inside to see if any more cleaning could be done before Judith woke. It left the hoover deliberately for the untidy woman to attempt when she would get up.

***

Word count- 10180