two

When it was time for class to start Alice found her she a seat in the second row in the middle. She didn't expect any of the boys to sit next to her and she didn't expect Simone and Michele to sit next to her as she thought they would sit next to each other. As everyone found their seats Alice notice that the only open space were next to her, one in the back row and one next the boy from before who was in front of her.

Alice smiled when she saw Annick walk through the door, she was excited that her friend was in the same class as her. Annick smiled softly back and sat next to the boy in front of Alice. Alice's face fell a bit as she expected Annick to want to sit next to her, but she also expected as much as Annick would want to be as close to the learning as possible. When Mrs Giraud turned around to address the class but quickly stopped in her tracks when she noticed Pichon and Annick sitting side by side.

"What's your name, miss?" Giraud snapped, looking directly at the girl.

She stood up and patted her dress before replying: "Annick Sabiani."

"Where do you think you are, Miss Sabiani?" The teacher snapped again. "Do you think it's okay to sit next to a boy? Get your things."

Annick reluctantly bent down to grab her satchel before being interrupted by Mrs. Giraud once more.

"No. You," she pointed at Pichon. "Get up, and go to the back row." She then pointed in at an empty space in the back.

"But I can't see from there," he replied sheepishly.

"Back row, now." She asserted, then turning to face Alice, "and you girl." Causing Alice to look up confusedly. "We will be doing pair work. Sit next to Miss Sabiani." The teacher said sharply, Alice quickly stood up, grabbed her things and sat down next to Annick. The two girls share a look once Mrs. Giraud turn to the broad.

Soon lunch time rolled around and Alice found herself picking at her plate of mash potatoes and sausages. She was seated at one of the few girl tables in the cafeteria next to Annick.

"I didn't realize we would be with the same class for the entire day," Simone voiced to the table. "The seniors are so much more mature than the ones in our year."

"I definitely wouldn't object to being enrolled in a class that's more mature than Descamps and Dupin," Annick commented. Suddenly, the boy who Alice found out name was Pichon crashed his hand into Annick's plate. He held it up showing his mashed potato-coated hand.

"I'm sorry Annick-," Pichon apologized grabbing as many napkins as he could, "Do you want my plate?" He added.

"That idiot should give her his," Michèle blurted with annoyance directed at Descamps, a boy with dirty blonde hair and round glasses.

"Does the dean's niece have a problem?" Descamps mocked. "What did you tell him in his office? Laubrac didn't do anything, it was Descamps, he's the bad one!" he was laughing, parroting Michele's higher voice. "That would be a great love story, wouldn't it? The orphan and the niece of the dean."

"Why don't you tell us what you wrote in that note?" Michèle answered, referring to an incident that had occurred in Latin class earlier in the day; one that ended with Michèle and Laubrac, the boy Pichon sat next to, being sent to the dean.

"It was a drawing; I'll show you," he answered smugly before raising a bottle of gravy and started drawing.

Proudly, he raised the plate of mashed potatoes; a show a gravy drawing of breasts.

"It's not even close to accurate." Alice announced airily, causing everyone to look at her.

Annoyed, Simone grabbed a sausage from her plate of food, "Does this remind you of anyone?" She said before snapping it violently. Making the boys 'oohh' and Descamps frown looking away.

By the time English class roll around Alice was sitting at her desk chatting with Annick. "I hope I do better in English than in French." Alice confessed sighing a little because French class did not go well for her. In her opinion she was the worst student in the class as everyone else seemed to know what they were doing and she had no clue.

"I'm sure you will." Annick reassured the worried girl whilst unpacking her bag. "I mean you are from England of course. You speak fluent English."

"I guess you're right." Alice smiled proudly, feeling much better about herself.

Suddenly there was a crash, it was Michèle and she was soaked so much that her baby blue dress was now semitransparent, revealing the undergarment she was wearing underneath. Ms. Couret finally entered and cover Michèle with her coat when she saw what happen.

The two scampered out of the room quickly. Then an older student came marching in and punch Dupin, next thing that happened was fist fighting and Descamps fell on the floor holding his eyes screaming in pain. The Dean came in and help him off the floor leaving Annick in charge and ordered the classroom be cleaned.

After school Alice was walking with Annick across the courtyard when the two girl heard, "Miss Sabiani!" Ms. Couret yelled, lightly jogging after the two. "I wanted to tell you--girls have been allowed to stay," she continued eagerly.

Annick smiled, filled with genuine relief. "Thank you."

"Get home safely,"

"See you tomorrow, Ms. Couret," Annick answered before watching the teacher return to the school building.