three

As the school day came to a close Alice was chatting with Annick about her evening with intended. "What if he doesn't like me?" Alice said pacing in panic.

"Don't be stupid." Annick shook her head, "everyone likes you."

"No they don't," the girl turned to her friend, "I'm weird. I speak out of turn. Sometimes I'm rude to people when I don't mean to be."

"You're worrying over nothing." Annick reassured the girl. Alice looked at her watch on her wrist to see that she was running late.

"Oh no, I'm late already!" She exclaimed in panic, "au revoir, Annick." the girl waved goodbye whilst running down the street. Annick looked at her with a smirk and a raised eyebrow, before shaking her head.

Alice ran up to the door of her longere and quickly opened it and shut it quickly. "Alice, dear is that you?" She heard her mum call out from the sitting room. Alice quickly took off her coat and bag and hung them up on the pegs. She walked towards the room.

"Im so sorry I'm late. I was talking to Annick about the assignment Mrs Giraud gave the class, that I lost track of time-" She rambled on, then looked up to see the boy who sat in the desk next to her and his family.

"This is our daughter Alice." Her parents smiled proudly. "Alice this is Didier Felbec."

"Hello." She greeted the family bashfully before sitting down opposite Felbec, who looked at her.

"Hello Alice." He replied holding his hand out for her to shake. She shook his hand quickly before pulling away.

"So Didier, your father tells me you're top of your class." Alice's father stated.

"Yes sir, I take my academics very seriously." Felbec replied nodding proudly.

"It's good that you don't allow for distractions." Her father looked at her with a certain look.

"I don't get that distracted." Alice tried to justifying herself. "And my grades aren't that bad it's just French..."

"How come you struggle with French?" Felbec asked turning to her.

"I'm not fluent in it, my English is much better." She replied looking down at the floor embarrassed. Thinking he won't like her know he know she's dumb.

"We used to live in England before we more have 5 years ago. Alice is still adjusting to the language change." Alice's mother explained to the Felbec's.

"I could help you with your French." Felbec suggested.

"Really?" Alice asked looking up at the boy.

"That a wonderful idea son." Mr Felbec agreed, "it will give you a chance to get to know one another."

The two teenage smiled at each other whilst the parent carried on chatting and Alice mouthed a small 'thank you'. To which Felbec replied 'your welcome'.