four

As Alice was shutting the door to the house she turned around to see Felbec standing there causing Alice to startle. "Felbec?" Alice asked brushing her dress in embarrassing, "what are you doing here?'

Felbec cleared his breath before replying, "I thought I could walk with you to school?" he held out his arm for her to take.

Alice smiled brightly and grasped hold of his arm, "I would love that." Felbec lead the two in the direction of the school.

Once the couple arrived Alice saw Michele and Simone and waved. The two looked at the couple confused why they're together. The two walked up the school steps as they over heard Simone talking about Descamps and Michele's brother, "They'll forget all about that one-eyed boy." As she finish Felbec softly nudged Alice making her look up to see Descamps walked towards the school with a bandage on his eye. Felbec gentle grabbed Alice arm and led her to their class. Alice sat down with Annick who looked at her questionably when she walked in with Felbec.

"Who can tell me about the battle of Marne?" Giraud uttered, looking around the class. Annick raised her hand along with Felbec. Giraud called on the boy, and he stood up and answered "September 9th to the 12th of 1914."

Giraud seemed pleased, and nodded, and asked her following question. "Who were the opposing armies?" This time, Annick raised her hand again but even high making her lift from her seat.

"Are you going to planning to jump on the table to get my attention, Miss Sabiani? Don't you think that you're attracting enough attention as is?" Giraud hissed, and Annick visibly deflated.  "Since you were desperately wanting to answer, the opposing armies?"

"The French and the Germans," Annick answered.

"And the British Expeditionary Forces. Don't raise your hand if you only know half of the answer, and tie your hair back, does this look like a party?"

"I think your hair looks lovely Annick." Alice smiled reassuringly at the girl. Annick smiled back in thanks.

"Alright, we'll continue about the Battle of Marne next class. It's time to choose the class leader," The old woman announced,  Felbec's arm shot up in the air.

She nodded for him to talk, and he stood up. "I've always been chosen class leader by my other teachers, as I care a lot about my academics and have always gotten good grades." The class laughed, apart from Alice who felt bad for the boy as he oblivious want to be class leader.

"Well then, Mr. Felbec, l'm not like your other teachers. In my classroom, you earn the title. Now, does anyone of you know about the Battle of Marathon?" The teacher asked. "Well then, whoever finds the date of the Battle of Marathon and tells me this afternoon will become class leader."

Later that day Alice was stood in the gym with Simone and Michele in their pe uniform. Annick walked in at the same time as the boys causing they to catcall her making all the girls roll their eyes. The boys were given handball to do, whereas the girls were ignored. Until Annick raised her hand to get the teacher's attention.  He looked over and went, "Oh right, the girls." He then gave them...

"A rope." Alice said raising an eyebrow, "they get handball and we get this. A rope." She stated loudly and clearly in annoyance.

The girls turned to face the girl, Annick asked her first "Why were you walking with Felbec?"

"And why were you holding his arm?" Simone asked, "Are you in love?"

"I- We're-" The girl stuttered due to the suddened questions making her flustered, "We're betrothed. We're going to get married."

"What?" The girls shouted making the boys look over.

"Uh.." Alice smiled awkwardly, "surprise."

After PE the girls sat in the courtyard together, minus Annick who didn't want to. "She says she's never been to Hollywood, but who knows?" Simone half-joked, referring to Annick.

"If I were an actress--well, or if I become an actress, I don't think I'd step foot in a high school again," Michele replied. Alice nodded in agreement.

Simone turned her head towards Annick and then directed her attention back to the other girls. "I don't know. Celebrities like to do that-come back to live like us normal people."

"I'll be back, I just need the toilet." Alice smiled waving goodbye to the girls before running off to the toilet.

The class were now back in Mrs. Giraud's classroom, "So," Giraud started while putting her bag on the lectern in front of her. "Who deserves to be class president?"

The room was silent for a few, long seconds before Felbec raised his hand and the teacher called him out. He stooped up and responded. "Fifth century B.C."

"Correct--But would you say "20th century" if I asked about the Battle of Verdun?" Giraud quipped.

Felbec stood awkwardly before sitting back down in defect and Alice gave him small smile to cheer him up, which he returned. Next Descamps shot his hand up, confusing everyone in the room.

"490 B.C.," Descamps answered.

"Congratulations, Descamps. That's impressive," Giraud commended. "Can you tell me how you found the date?"

A few seconds of silence passed before Descamps could come up with a response. "In our book," he responded.

Alice open her book and looked through the pages, "no it's not." she said out loud accidentally.

"Miss Turgot is correct, however loud she feels the need to say it," Mrs Giraud spoke again making Alice embarrassedly look down. She could feel Felbec's eyes watching her, making her even more flustered. "So again, where did you find the date?"

"I gave him the date," Pichon suddenly asserted. "490 B.C. is in the manual on Ancient Greece--And I know that because..." He momentarily looked to Annick, who was now shaking her head. "...l read it in the book," he finished.

"Why did you give the answer to Descamps?" Giraud questioned.

"I... I wasn't sure I could do it," Pichon admitted. "Being a class leader, ma'am."

"There are worse faults than humility," she reminded the class. "Pichon, you are our class president."