Lady Whistledon urkes the Duke

Coming to London Simon had never imagined he would be thrown into restlessness over a young debutant. He had planned to come, set things straight with the estate and be on his merry way back to travelling.
Yet here he was at another Ball in search of a certain red head.
After their dance at his aunt's ball, Penelope disappeared from his view almost instantly. Before he could approach her again he was cornered to dance with Daphne Bridgerton,helping her escape a certain suitor.
Their dance together was rather unusual her being arrogant and judgemental of him before she ever had a chance of knowing him.
After the dreaded dance he once again tried to find Penelope Featherington but kept getting interrupted by the mamas of the young ladies on the mart, frustrated on not being able to find her and speak to her he retired for the night.
At home he lived through the moments whenhe had  her in his arms and the spark that he had instantly felt towards her.
He could not deny the fact that he was attracted towards her, till what extend that was still up for debate. The strange thing was , she was not usually the type of woman he went after. He often preferred blonds or brunette with hourglass figures. He appreciated all forms of the body, just he gravitated more towards the general beauty standard, Simon would not call himself humble to experiment with his taste in women.
Finally after much tossing and turning he was able to go to sleep.
The next day he was at the White's savouring a drink and going through the scandal sheet that everyone seemed engrossed in.

The only part of the sheet that annoyed him were the parts where,one he was showcased as some kind of prized meat, two the author had made it a very big deal about his dance with the Bridgerton chit ,yet not made one mention of his dance with Penelope .
The only mention of her I'm the sheet was about her outfit and how she resembled a citrus fruit,  this did not sit well with him.

Already in a rather unsettled mood, he was further annoyed with Anthony who came rushing into the club accusing him of doing something untowards with his sister.

"Anthony, what is the matter with you mate? Will you please calm down and tell me what wrong I have done?"
Simon offered him a drink and seat to help him calm down.

Anthony taking the drink slumped onto the seat opposite his friend.

The two of them had been great friends throughout school and university till Anthony had to take on the role of viscount in his father's place after his untimely death. Thereafter they had drifted apart keeping in contact through letters which were exchanged once in a blue moon.

" You Hastings have caused me a great trouble and agitation" Anthony answered sipping his drink.

"How in the world did I do that? " Simon asked curious.

"Your dance with my sister has caused all the men of the ton to swarm my house in pursuit of courting her. " Anthony replied.

Simon laughed at his friends ridiculous conclusion.

" Anthony once your sister was out in the society this was inevitable,  considering the fact she has been declared the diamond, you should have been aware of the consequences. Moreover I wasn't aware of her connection with you till we finished the dance... Might I also add she wasn't the only one I danced with.. Also it's just a dance.. You are perfectly aware of my situation in the matter. " Simon replied to his friends accusations.

" Yes but Penelope Featherington is not the one being swarmed with the suitors, is she?? That's my sister also it has somehow put my family in some kind of obsession with the two of you, especially my mother that you are interested and a potential suitor for her! " Anthony pointed out his reason of his frustration in the situation.

" I am sorry if me dancing with your sister has caused you trouble and sent some kind of wrong indication of my motives towards her. I will keep in mind to stay as far away as possible from her! Not that I had any other inclination!" Simon assured his friend with a resolute smile.

" I'm afraid that's going to be rather difficult with your aunt and my mother planning your match and wedding.. I don't see how you would be able escape their match making " Anthony informed him of Lady Danbury accepting an invitation on his behalf to attend dinner with the family today.

"Great!! " Simon huffed at being played into the game of courting and matchmaking by two strong headed woman.

"Exactly my point! " Anthony agreed with him.

"Do not worry at dinner I will make it perfectly clear that I have no intentions towards your sister or anyone else. That will stop them from further planning.. At least I hope that would discourage them!" Simon exclaimed. Promising his friend to right things for him.