Bridgerton Dinner

Dinner at Bridgerton's is never a simple affair. They were known to throw the most lavish dinners and balls. Violet Bridgerton did not take match making lightly not in the case of her brood. She had 8 children to set up and a lot of work to accomplish. So when she found the opportunity to set her daughter up with one of the most eligible bachelors of the ton and that too related to Lady Danbury, she had to make sure everything was perfect.

The Bridgerton house was in organised chaos, a feat that not many could accomplish, which to violet was a piece of cake. Taking care of such a large family with 8 children had prepared her to be the most organized in chaos.
The house was cleaned prepped for the arrival of the Duke of Hastings and hopefully her future son in law.

Simon arrived at the Bridgerton house well prepared to come and go making an excuse that he would be leaving London and that he needed to make quite a few quick visits towards his estate the next day, not to be returning for a couple of months. He hoped whatever planning Lady Bridgerton and his aunt were doing to match him with Daphne would end today itself. He was not exactly going to lie he was going to leave London eventually, by the end of the month. Little did he know that whatever planning he or the match making mama and his aunt had planned would be all for nothing cause this Duke would be falling ... Falling hard for a certain redhead.

Simon was welcomed and introduced to the large family. He always felt a certain disconnect with Anthony when he would speak of his family. Now in the presence of said family he understood why Anthony was ready to do any and everything to keep them safe and happy.
He too would have done the same, unfortunately he was not blessed with a loving family nor would he ever be able to experience it. He smiled at the family as they all headed to the dining hall for dinner. The room and table was lavishly decorated. Simon praised the lady of the house for her efforts and thanking her for the invitation.
Violet had very smartly arranged for him to sit beside Daphne. Anthony and he exchanged a quick look. Anthony clearly warning him to be careful with his sister. Simon laughed internally at his friends ridiculous concerns.

They had just begin service, when the butler escorted another guest in.

"Pardon me Lady Bridgerton for my tardiness"

Simon heard her!! Instantly he looked up to find the girl who had his mind and thoughts occupied for the last 32 hours. She looked positively radiant in a simple lemon green gown. Not the best choice of colour, she however wore it well.

" It's no problem Penelope come join us" Violet said to her pointing towards the seat beside her daughter Eloise.

"Thank you for inviting me! " Penelope smiled at the kind lady as she took her seat.

Simon cleared his throat hoping for her to give him a glance. To his utter dismay she was pulled into a conversation with  Eloise Bridgerton.

Simon was not happy .. already upset with being ignored his woes doubled with Daphne making rather biased judgements of his character. He wasn't the best human being in the world but such disregard for his character.. didn't sit well with him. He was sparring   words with her, when Daphne made a comment of him being as notorious a rake like her brother if not worse.. He was about to call her out on being judgmental,when he heard her ! She was giggling at the debate he was in with Daphne.. She finally had acknowledged his presence in shape or form. 'That's a start!' he thought to himself.
She gave him a sympathetic smile. She had only smiled at him and he felt at the top of the world for that moment. He lost all of his thoughts of anyone or anything that was happening around him in her smile.

He had to be called twice by Lady Bridgerton for him to finally come out of his daydreaming and answer to her. He apoligized to the lady, who graciously accepted, obvious under some ridiculous assumptions that he was lost in thoughts of the Bridgerton daughter, when in fact that was furthest from the truth.He had been making a utter fool of himself in front of the Bridgerton family and his adorable cute redhead.

' Get a grip of yourself!' he cursed himself  internally and tried to change his focus to the conversation he was having with Anthony and Benedict but inadvertently kept glancing  back at the redhead who was completely focused on  someone else... That someone being another Bridgerton.. the Bridgerton in question was the third son of the family Colin 'FREAKING' Bridgerton.
Though Simon hardly knew a thing about the third Bridgerton brother or the relationship he shared with 'His' redhead..
There was only one thing he knew for sure... He hated Colin Bridgerton..

'Why??'

Cause his redhead was completely enamoured by him. Which sparked something that Simon never thought would be possible for him to feel..

' Jealousy!!!! '

Jealous of Colin to be the receiver of her pretty smiles. As ridiculous it may sound that was exactly what ge felt towards him at the time.

What the fuck was happening to him!!!
How could one encounter change his life upside down? He needed to do something to take care of this situation or he would definitely end up in some kind of scandal...