A Grave mistake!

After dinner with the Bridgertons. Simon realized a lot of things. In order for him to get the red head out of his system he would either have to stay close with the Bridgerton's or he would have to fuck someone similar to Penelope Featherington.

Spending time with the Bridgerton's would not be a very good idea for a multitude of reasons.. So like any idiotic man he spent an entire week in evey establishment on Bloomsbury...fucking woman that bore any resemblance to the girl that had completely taken over his mind and body. After spending a considerable time and fortune he felt that maybe he had achieved his goal. Now it was time to check his theory.

The next week he got the opportunity, where the entire town would be gathered for 'The Trowbridge Ball'.

When he finally arrived at the Ball. He kept himself busy indulging with the men of the ton. He specifically stayed away from the Bridgertons and the Featheringtons, who he quickly was able to determine were not in attendance. He felt a little unsettled. He tried not to think much about it.

An hour or two in the event he noticed her in a light pink embroidered gown. She looked so adorable yet he could see that there was a longing in her eyes. He looked towards her line of sight and noticed that her eyes were glued on the couples dancing.

He excused himself from his current group to offer a dance.

However he stopped when he found the loud Cowper chit approaching Penelope. His instinct told him that they were going to do something unkind to his red head. He rushed towards them but was not able to in time.. Colin Bridgerton was talking to his girl.

'What the fuck!!!' He gasped when he saw the Cooper girl on purpose drop her drink on Penelope.

He saw red!! If it had not been a lady and a public event, he would definitely have taught her a lesson. He would surely make her regret this.

Colin came to Penelope's rescue dissing the Cowper, leading her to the dance floor.

The particular scene caused him a mix of pain and relief.

He definitely could not stand watching her in another's arms. Clearly he still had not gotten her out of his system.

He decided to take a walk in the garden to avoid the noise and calm himself down.

When reached the garden he could hear someone's cries coming from the distance. Following the voice he found Daphne being attacked by Nigel Berbrook...

Even before he could get to her rescue, Nigel was floored to the ground by a punch laid to him by the lady in question.

What happened next, according to Simon, was a wonderful idea for Daphne and him. Daphne would get the attention of worthy suitors, he would be safe from constant matchmaking mothers, and he would also be able to get closer to Penelope Featherington. He hoped being in her circle without any direct connection to her would most definitely lead to a lot of trouble in his marriage.

Daphne Bridgerton and Simon Hastings the new flavor of the ton!!

Penelope already had a title for her next Whistledown column.

She was in deep in thoughts trying to think of a what and how ahe was going to put this juicy piece of gossip in her article when she heard someone call her out.

It was Daphne Bridgerton hands tucked with the Duke...

"Penelope!! Why are you all alone? " Daphne asked trying to build polite conversation...

Penelope was well aware that Daphne was trying to avoid all the public probing after their rather public display of acknowledgement that the Duke was interested in her.

"I am often alone Daphne  apart from Eloise no one else seems to like my company!!! " Penelope replied instantly without thinking later realizing that she herself again belittled herself. Penelope bit herself for doing that.

"Rubbish Penelope I and everyone else in our family loves your company.. It's only Eloise who is not willing to share you!! " Daphne tried to cheer up the embarrassed girl..

"In fact Miss Featherington we would love you to accompany us around the grounds for a walk? " Simon chipped in offering his left arm for her to take..

" That's really kind!! " Penelope was about to excuse herself.. But Simon grabbed her hand and tucked her hand in his elbow.

"Thats a splendid idea and well done ... My Lord" Daphne gave both of them a smile.

They were half way around when Daphne got called by her mother to meet someone.. Daphne excused herself.. Penelope was also going to do the same.

"Come now Miss Featherington.. Are you too, going to abandon me?" Simon said in a challenging tone.

Penelope looking upto  him replied

"Most certainly Not!! Your grace. "

She smiled at him..

"However may I advice that keeping me by your side will not discourage the mamas!!! " Penelope giggled pointing towards Mrs Young and Mrs Fowler approaching them at full speed with their daughters..

"Oh absolutely not.... Miss Featherington now you do need to rescue me... Please will  you dance with me?? "
Simon begs her anxiously as the women come closer..
. "Not without a cost!! "  Penelope teased.. Simon looked at her shocked, pleased and many others things which he had no time to think about.. Penelope grabbed his hand and they headed to the dance floor...