Chapter 33: Certain

"Hoseok-ah got any plans tonight? Planning to stay out?" His mother asks with a small smile.

The beta furrows his brows.

"No... maybe might bring tea to those at the nurse."

"Is Wendy joining you?"

Hoseok blushes, now knowing why his mother is asking.

"Mom, Wendy and I are just friends."

She smiles.

"Oh honey sure you guys are, remember today is a full moon so wait until tomorrow."

"Mom!" The beta gasps, embarrassed his mother would suggest such thing.

"Oh c'mon, I'm just advising you, you know."

Hoseok shakes his head and goes to sit.

"I'll be on my own today, like always." He says a bit more sad at the end.

She sighs and goes to sit.

"That's just because you chose it that way. Look baby, I know you find it hard to believe someone is interested in you but you've been friends for almost 4 years! Wendy is totally into you, why do you think she visits us each day and offers to help me with the teas. She is very kind and I know she also likes to help but I'm pretty sure that's not the only reason she comes."

Hoseok looks away when his cheeks heat up.

"I can't..." He concludes as he looks down.

"I'm a-"

"Yeah you're a beta so what."

"Mom you know I can't give her what she needs when it's that time-"

"Hoseok-ah, you above anyone should know omegas don't need to be knotted to mate. And I understand yes all omegas during heat ask to be you know "that" but betas have something different in them which keeps their mate sated. Which keeps them more than pleased."

The beta puts his head down.

"I just want what is best for you okay? Do what you think is best alright?"

He nods, a small smile creeping up.

Everything his mom said just made him feel way better.

"Wait why can't we mate today- n-not that I was thinking o-of doing such thing- Oh my gosh mom I didn't mean it that way!"

His mother giggles but sighs after a couple seconds.

"I know I haven't exactly told you everything about-" She demonstrates a type of circle by using her hands.

"Mates. Or fated mates to be exact." She explains causing the beta to quirk a brow in interest. His mother only ever told him the basics but never actually went into that topic.

He only knew so much about fated mates and that's because he read books that had little information about them.

"I probably should have told you a while ago but you still didn't seem serious regarding mating so I let it pass but now, I think you should also know this information."

She clears her throat as her son leans back in his chair.

"Mates are very special. They are your other half. The one you promise to protect and cherish the rest of your life. You basically sign a pact to always be there for them once you give them the bite. But you can mate whoever you like. Whether it be if your wolf likes them or just you in general, no one can stop you from mating unless the other person doesn't want that. Now, when it comes to fated mates, it's a bit different. We used to teach everyone about them but we haven't seen a pair in years so we stopped. We just assumed it didn't need to be taught therefore we only ever told you all to not mate on the full moon because it's a rule the Moon put. It's not that we lied to you all but there is more to it of course." She clasps her hands together.