The Day Before Party

{Gerard's POV}

The guys really liked the new song.

In fact, they were all so motivated that we met up every day after school for a week.

Apart from on the Tuesday when we were dismayed to find it was choir rehearsal.

Other than that, we were in the classroom practically 24/7.

It felt amazing to work with them all.

It wasn't just me and Frank working on the song this time.

We all were.

Two weeks after I had written the lyrics, we had the completed product.

I have to say, it sounded pretty fucking good.

We were all pretty pleased with ourselves.

I felt close to this group of guys like we'd all known each other for years.

Well, Mikey and I had known each other for years but you get what I mean.

The showcase was soon in sight and each day, I felt more excited than nervous.

I honestly felt like I was born to perform.

I felt at home on stage even though I'd only had one experience on there.

By the time it was the day before the concert, we were all buzzing.

The rehearsal in the hall after school went pretty good.

Well, anything was good compared to last time.

Mr Porter was surprised to see us after what had happened to me but greeted us warmly.

By the time we were done, we all walked over to the usual gate.

Mikey, Ray and Bob were talking about video games while Frank swung our connected hands back and forth a little.

He was buzzing as usual.

The build up to a concert really excited him.

He was a born performer too.

By the time we got to the gate, instead of saying goodbyes, Frank spoke up, "Hey, guys!"

We all looked at him.

"Why don't we have a little celebration? We've never hung out together outside of school before."

"What do you mean?" Ray asked.

"What I mean, Mr Toro," Frank grinned, "Is that why don't we all go round to someone's house, order pizza and just have a good time? Instead of an after party, it's a day before party sort of thing."

I smiled at his suggestion and nodded.

"Yeah!" Ray beamed, "That would be awesome!"

Bob nodded in agreement too.

I looked at Mikey.

He looked at each of us in turn before saying, "You guys wanna come round ours?"

Frank's smile grew even larger if that was possible.

"Let's go!" He was practically bouncing up and down.

We headed off.

We were all basically talking over each other during the walk home.

It reminded me slightly of five year olds drugged up on sugar or something.

Mum was still at work as usual when we got in.

Also it was a Thursday so that meant that she didn't finish until half six.

We paraded into the lounge and kicked our shoes off.

Bob sat comfortably in the chair while the four of us squished onto the sofa.

It was a bit of a squeeze but we made it work.

Good thing Mikey was so lanky.

We talked about random crap until about five when Ray announced his hunger.

We all pulled out whatever cash we had on us and between us, we had enough for two large pizzas and a medium one.

The medium one would be cheese-less on account of Frank's lactose intolerance.

He felt a little bad about that but no one seemed to mind.

When we were all stuffing our face with the greasy stuff, Frank stood up.

"Guys! I would like to make an announcement!"

He held up his glass of Coke.

Ray made a clinking noise on his own glass with a knife we had used to help divide the pizza up.

We all stayed quiet and looked up at Frank.

He smiled at us all.

"I'd just like to say that I'm super grateful for all of you, you know? We all make a great team and band and without this band, I'd be fucking bored," He laughed a little before continuing, "I just wanna say thanks that's all. You're all pretty rad human beings."

Ray started clapping and soon we all were.

"Okay," Frank held up a hand and we stopped, "Enough of that soppy shit. I'd like to make a toast. To the future of our band! My Chemical Romance!"

We all raised our glasses and said loudly in unison, "My Chemical Romance!"

Then we fell into a fit of giggles.

"That wasn't too cheesy, right?" Frank asked me after when we were all eating and talking again.

The talking was mainly about video games on Mikey and Ray's part.

"Well, it was," I smiled at him, "But that was the best part about it."

He grinned back at me, "Good. Being cheesy seems to be my calling."

"Pretty ironic really," I smirked, "Since you're allergic to cheese."

He started laughing and I joined in.

"You're just..." He shook his head, "I love you."

I blushed a little and said, "I love you too."

He leant in and connected his lips to mine.

"Ew stop them! They're doing it again!"

I laughed and pulled away to see Mikey hiding his face behind his hands.

"Alright, Mikes," I rolled my eyes.

He peeked behind his fingers before removing his hands properly and smirking.

Frank stuck his tongue out at him, "Ball buster."

Mikey shrugged and went back to his pizza, still smiling slightly.

God, I did love these losers.

I honestly felt so at ease and happy at that moment.

It felt right.

We were like a little family, a friendship group.

Which of course, we were.

At that moment, I was pretty glad Mikey's old band had dropped him.

I was glad we had walked in on Ray playing that day.

I was glad he was good friends with Bob.

And of course, I was really fucking glad Frank had moved to our school.

Without him, none of this would have been possible.

He simply was amazing.

---

Fucking hell, man.

I can't seem to stop writing!

-Beth :3