CONSUMED BY DARKNESS

"what are you doing Arjuna?" Karna asked as he watch Arjuna wandering around the garden before his eyes noticed karna, upon hearing his voice as he (arjuna) went towards him.

"karna, we haven't meet the whole day. Is everything okay?"

"yes, everything is okay. I was just helping duryodhana as now he is about to be king and it is my duty to help.........beside, no true friend would want to see his friend in problem" Karna said shrugging, unknown to arjuna's frown who quickly relaxed his face before asking.

"then....are you free now? How about spending time with-"

"karna"

"huh? Duryodhana?"

"I need your help again"

"Sure"

Arjuna watch duryodhana smile sheepishly while karna went towards him with a tired expression. Arjuna knows that duryodhana can't be dumb enough to need karna's advice at every point. He had also taken classes of being king with yudhishtir and he is a very excellent competitor to Yudhishtir in this, that's why the Kingdom got divided as none of one can win against each other in this.

He is purposely doing this.

"huh?" Arjuna heard a whisper in his ear as he look around but noticing no one near him, he again turned around but this time the voice again came back.

You can't find me anywhere.

"why?" Arjuna asked still looking around cautiously.

Because I am inside you.............I am not any other person, I am a part of you.

"what are you saying?" Gritting his teeth, arjuna walk forward before slowing down his steps by each words that are getting in his ears.

I am saying truth. I am you.......but.........your another part. I am that side of you which you want to keep hidden from others eyes cause it is dangerous              -          DESIRE, I AM DESIRE. I cannot be found anywhere because I am inside you..........inside your head, I am the one in this world who knows about all of your desires, your Desire of being the best archer in the world, your desire of being married to most beautiful maiden on the earth......I know all of your desire.

Stopping his steps completely, arjuna asked "what do you want?"

Hmm, let's see, you do know that he was saying lie right? Cause he wants to keep that person away from you. He wants to keep you away from the person who is close to you, your helper, your adviser......your friend. He is stealing your friend from you.

"so?"

Don't you want your friend to be your side always? To stay with you rather than anyone else? I can help you with that........to keep your friend by your side for forever......and ever and.......ever.

Arjuna stayed silent for a while before hesitantly asking.

"how?"

Haven't you heard, jab ghee sidhi ungli se na nikle toh ungli tedhi karni parti hai? That's what we are going to do here.

".......................what are you going to do?" Arjuna asked as he walk outside the garden before noticing nakula coming towards him while the voice in his head replies and arjuna can definitely feel the voices dropping an octave slowly.

Intelligent man, Leave it to me. First I will try straight method......then I will bend.....slowly and completely.

"Maa is calling you bhratashree, come"

"let's go" Walking with Nakula, he didn't felt any voice in his head speaking again.

----------------------------------------------------

Arjuna and Nakula reached their Mata's room as they open the door only to see Vikarna, dushasana and their brothers standing inside while Mata Gandhari is sitting with their Maa before they took Mata Gandhari's blessing.

"pranipat Mata Gandhari"

"Cheeran jeevi vabha, putro"

"come putro. Have some laddoos, they are made by your Mata Gandhari" Kunti says as Gandhari nodded while Pandavas sighs in relief.......if it is made by Mata Gandhari then it definitely not poisoned. They took the laddoo in their plate with Vikarna and dushasana as duryodhana enter the room with karna behind him.

"Pranipat Rajmata, Pranipat Mata Gandhari"

"how many times I have told you, you can call me Mata too!"

"ji, Mata kunti"

Both Kunti and Gandhari chuckled before moving away from there as they know they can leave their children alone with karna, as they will not fight with each other in karna's presence.

"Have some laddoo, bhrata karna" Dushasana said as Vikarna handed one plate to karna so that he can take laddoo from the thali as vikarna's mouth and hands are already occupied by laddoos and plate.

Karna look at his plate before stepping forward but before he could take another step, a laddoo automatically came on his plate as he look at the person who put the laddoo on his plate.

"bheem?"

"you can eat this one"

"ah......thanks" Karna nodded but again before he could take the laddoo from his plate, the laddoo become double as he look at his left.

"Duryodhana........?"

"you can eat this one, mitr"

"you don't-"

"no! You need to eat more, therefore eat these, mitr karna" Nakula exclaimed as he put more laddoos in karna's plate, getting a glare from both bheem and duryodhana.

"guys-"

"actually, this one's shape is more good and it seems more sweet than others" This time it is arjuna who put the laddoo in karna's plate before going back to continue eating his laddoo, imperturbably, avoiding the angry glares towards himself.

Karna look around to notice the brothers glaring at each other while dushasana, Vikarna and sahadeva just watch the scene unruffled before his eyes caught yudhishtir. He is also watching the scene calmly but their is a different kind of glint in his eyes which is making karna confuse yet nervous too, simultaneously.

Karna look at his plate, filled with laddoos while the brothers argue with each other before he sighs, raising his hand, getting attention from everyone as he mutter out while looking at their different expressions.

"guys, I am not sweet tooth.........I don't like sweets"

"no problem, I can eat these for you, bhrata karna"

They all opened their mouth to say something but before they could say anything, dushasana came forward, taking karna's plate from his hand as he walk outside the room while eating karna's laddoos.

Karna glance at the brothers faces as they all have same jaw dropped expression before he hear a sigh from his left making him gulp as he walk himself out of the room, leaving the brothers alone there.

"what the-"

"what in the-"

Sahadeva watch duryodhana storming outside the room with Vikarna behind him while his brothers mumble to themselves making him frown. Why are his brothers behaving like this? He agrees that they are weird but this is something very unalike. Behaving like this............there is something going on which sahadeva don't know.......definitely.

---------------------------------------------------

"how in the world did Rajkumar Sahadeva didn't came in control? There is no way anyone can resist it.......after all it is their own part, but no worries at least the others are in control of it. Pandavas, you didn't good with me, now start counting your days happy days"

******************************