BRILLIANCE INSIDE MURK

Sahadeva notice it is already going to be sunset and the whole day karna is not seen anywhere by anyone making him more anxious. Did something happened to him? The uneasiness and anxiety filling his guts are too scary to even let sahadeva focus on anything.

He asked the maids, servants, even went to servant room but didn't find Karna anywhere as he pace from here and there until the gallop of horse entered his ear as he look at the entrance only to run towards the person.

"Rajkumar Ashwatthama-" Before Sahadeva could say anything, Ashwatthama already grabbed him by his shoulder as he ask with anxious filled eyes.

"where is he? Where is karna?"

"I....I don't know, I didn't saw him whole day"

"what do you-"

"let's ask you brothers" Hearing a new voice they both turn around only to find it is Dwarkadheesh as they see Krishna entering the palace while sahadeva nodded.

Ashwatthama wanted to ask if he also came for karna or if sahadeva sent him letter but didn't since they don't have time as they walk inside.

Both Krishna and Ashwatthama stormed towards the garden with sahadeva behind them as ashwatthama immediately went towards duryodhana before asking him "where is karna?"

"what do you-"

"I. Asked. You. Something. Just. Answer" Ashwatthama says fiercely as they hear a question from the entrance of garden.

"why do you want to know?"

Sahadeva watch his eldest brother asking neutrally as he went behind ashwatthama while Krishna went in front.

"because we want to see him"

"he is fine" They hear bhima saying as ashwatthama says "then let us meet him"

"why-"

"you wouldn't want to start a fight against Panchala that's why"

Ashwatthama said glaring as yudhishtir look at him for a while before turning around with his brother making the three also follow him with duryodhana.

"he is inside this room"

Arjuna opened the room as Dwarkadheesh and Panchala Naresh went inside while sahadeva peek from behind them only to gasp out loudly making all the other come inside too.

"what happened-..........How?"

"what in the world?"

They all watch the room completely being a mess before their eyes went on the unconscious figure of karna laying down. They walk closer to body of karna only to find blood on the part of cotton mattress where karna's head is being supported making their eyes widen.

"and you said he is fine" Ashwatthama said looking back at the Prince behind him as duryodhana look at his confusingly yet worried before babbling out "I don't-.....he was fine......He was...I don't know.....How?......when? It was bhima who brought him here"

Duryodhana says looking at the four Pandavas beside him whose eyes are unfocused as yudhishtir stumble back before black smoke appeared from his body making all of them step away while only krishna stayed still looking at the scene.

"Aargh" Yudhishtir grabbed his head as he crouch down before all the other Pandavas crouch down too in same condition as Sahadeva, duryodhana and Ashwatthama watch the scene with feared yet worried eyes.

AARGH! How can you feel guilty for you desire? This can't happen.........NO!!!

"it was bound to happen"

How dare you!! It is all because of you krishnaaa!!!

The black smoke started disappearing from the room as ashwatthama came out of the trance immediately pulling sahadeva towards karna.

"check on him.........and remember, he better be alive"

Ashwatthama threatened sahadeva as check karna's pulse before nodding and saying "he is........but not if it will be too late"

"Hey!!" Ashwatthama shouted at Krishna as krishna look back to notice ashwatthama carrying injured karna while going outside with sahadeva as krishna also walk towards them.

"A so called friend you are" Ashwatthama says last time, looking at duryodhana who didn't made any eyes contact as he just kept looking down before he hear footsteps fading away while the four Pandavas just sat on their knees, also looking down.

"I can heal him, let me come" Sahadeva said as he watch ashwatthama and krishna leaving in Dwarka chariot before Krishna says "write a letter saying we are going at karna's village and give it to a reliable person"

Sahadeva write the letter before thinking whom to give as he went towards dushasana's room to put it beside his desk and then towards Vikarna's before giving Vikarna's letter to the soldier outside since Vikarna is now married as he can't enter his room without permission now.

"they will see in the morning"

Both krishna and ashwatthama nodded as sahadeva also climbed the chariot, checking karna's all injury immediately.

-------------------------------------------------

"I think...it is.....better now"

Sahadeva says as they reach Dwarka while ashwatthama carry karna inside and krishna showing the path.

"lay him down here"

"he will heal soon........maybe, I can't say right now"

Ashwatthama just nodded as he notice it is only him and sahadeva with karna now before muttering out.

"you can rest now"

Sahadeva opened his mouth to deny but just kept silent when he notice ashwatthama's eyes as he silently went outside the room.

Ashwatthama sighs as he look karna's figure........

"look what happened to you? When I asked you is everything good you just.........never answered"

Giving one last glance to karna's unconscious laying alive figure, he left the room as he walk around the big palace before hearing krishna's voice.

"I knew this would happen"

Knew this would happen? Means? He knew that karna will fight against death? Then why did he let it happen?

Ashwatthama clenched his jaw before going towards krishna as he spin him around swiftly making krishna face him directly.

"you damned Bastard!"

*******************************