The Panic Room

Okay soo... this basically is a chapter I wrote based off something I actually experienced a few months ago.

My school basically had these small rooms where you can only enter with a key all teatchers and staff have. Students dont. Those rooms are usually reserved for stuff like tutors, homework guidance and the school psychologist.

That's just some extra info, enjoy the story :)

Catergory: sad-ish. I mean... Mika (Aka me, Aka the I-Person in this story), literally has a panic attack, that's like the whole story

Tw: panic attack and flashback-ish thoughts, aswell as maybe a few hints to abuse and SA

I sat in class, trying my hardest to read the letters that were printed on the papers of my math book as my thoughts raced.

Everything was just so loud.

The bottom of my jeans was sweaty from sitting at my desk for the past 40 minutes.

My classmates were all laughing.

Were they laughing at me?

My thinking was interrupted by a light tap on my desk. I looked up and saw that it was my teacher.

"Okay, Mika, you're not doing okay. You are shaking like crazy and have been staring at your book for the past 10 minutes." My teacher, miss Martons, said. "I'm giving you a hall pass and a key so you can sit in one of the study rooms"

I nodded, not being able to make out words as miss Martons gave me a key and a small piece of paper. I quickly packed my bag and almost ran out of the classroom.

After wandering the halls for a good 5 minutes I arrived at the only study room that was free. I took the key Miss Martons gave me and opened the door, walked inside and locked it behind me.

"Okay, Mika, you can do this... Breathe..." I mumbled to myself as I tried my hardest to steady my breathing.

I leaned against the wall, still trying to calm myself down as I sank down and sat on the floor, my back pressed upagainst the wall.

Don't panic.

You'll be fine.

Remember what he did to you?

My eyes darted across the room. That wasn't one of my thoughts...

Remember all the shit you went through?

Remember his hands on your body?

I pulled my knees upto my stomach, wrapping my arms around them.

"Fuck... not now..." I whispered in a panicked tone. I didn't want to do this. Not now.

Remember the abuse?

Remember the hitting?
The cursing?
The gaslighting?

It was starting to get harder and harder to control my breathing, I was getting to a point where I couldn't do anything. I couldn't speak, I couldn't focus. I felt as if I was stuck, stuck in my own body.

I just sat there, panincking on the floor of this study room, which I could've just called the panic room at this point, for a good 15 minutes.

After a while my thoughts started to slow down aswell as my breathing.

Breathe in...
Breathe out...
Breathe in...
Breathe out...

I let go of my knees and looked at my hands. They were still shaking a little.

I took another deep breath and stood up. I was a little dizzy. I grabbed my bag, took the keys of the study room (now turned panic room), opened the door and walked out. I made sure to locked the door behind me.

Alr, like 500 words, aswell as hearing damage from blasting Mitski in my headphones on full volume :3