Periwinkle Bistro Bar

Chapter 14 : Ray-san!

In the early hours of the morning, a new chapter began as you found yourself seated in the passenger seat of Mihawk's car, embarking on your vacation together. The sunlight was just beginning to assert its presence in the sky, casting a gentle glow on the world around.

You were dressed casually, yet inconspicuously, in a hoodie, with sunglasses shielding your eyes. The attire was less about fashion and more about comfort and anonymity, especially as you were still grappling with the lingering effects of the previous night's festivities. The travel mug of coffee that Marco had prepared for you provided a small comfort against the remnants of your hangover.

The hangover from the karaoke party at Periwinkle was evident. You occasionally leaned your head out of the window, allowing the cool morning breeze to caress your face, offering some relief. The fresh air was invigorating, helping to clear the fog of the hangover, albeit slowly.

Mihawk drove with his usual precision and calm, his eyes focused on the road ahead. Every now and then, he would steal a glance at you, ensuring you were comfortable. The silence in the car was comfortable, filled with a mutual understanding and the unspoken connection you shared.

The scenery outside blurred into a collage of greens and blues as Mihawk navigated the car through the winding roads. The destination was still some distance away, but the journey itself was a part of the experience — a chance to get away from the usual hustle and bustle, to find solace in each other's company and in the tranquility of the road.

You, with your head tilted towards the open window, took in the beauty of the passing landscape. Despite the hangover, there was a sense of peace and anticipation about what the vacation would bring. This trip with Mihawk was not just a getaway; it was a journey towards understanding, healing, and perhaps closure on certain chapters of your shared past.

The thought of visiting Ray-san, Mihawk's father, at his isolated beach house later that day brought a sense of excitement and nostalgia. You started humming tunes, a blend of melodies that filled the car with a light, carefree atmosphere.

"How are you feeling, Mi Amor? The air helping with the hangover?" he asked, a slight note of concern in his tone.

You turned towards him, managing a small smile behind your sunglasses.

"Yeah, a bit better, thanks. The fresh air and coffee are definitely a lifesaver," you replied, your voice still carrying the rough edge of the previous night's excesses.

Mihawk nodded, his eyes returning to the road, a small smile playing on his lips.

"Do you remember anything from the party last night?" he asked, his tone light but curious.

You turned to him, a mischievous grin spreading across your face. "Nope, nothing at all," you replied playfully, even though fragments of the previous night lingered in your mind.

Mihawk chuckled softly, shaking his head. "Well, you were quite the entertainer, I must say."

" But you already knew that, Mi Cielito~ After all these years have you forgotten the times we used to dance and sing when we were alone in your home?" You took a sip of your coffee.

The conversation then shifted as Mihawk brought up Marco.

" I noticed you and Marco have been spending a lot of time together lately. He seems to be quite... smitten with you."

"Dr Phoenix has been great, especially with helping out at Periwinkle. He's a good friend," you said, careful to keep your tone neutral.

Mihawk's eyes remained on the road, but his interest was evident. "Just a friend? Perhaps you could cort him in the near future."