Ch21 - War

Ashe's POV

The two of you ended up snuggled together half-asleep on the couch by the time the film reached the credits. Dust was... a lot clingier than you expected, practically holding you to his chest, expression peaceful as he drifted off. You weren't one to complain, though. You ended up playing the sequel to the movie, watching with a bit less interest than before. Admittedly, you were a little restless, especially with Dust just laying there asleep. He was so quiet he almost seemed dead!

By the time the second movie reached the credits, you were incredibly bored. Part of you wondered if Horror would be back soon. You wanted to meet everybody else! Dust was nice, and Horror was too, and this little family you were forming was one that made you feel just a little more hopeful for the future.

Thankfully, your silent pleas for something to do were answered when a tar-faced skeleton emerged from the corridor, grin wide as he looked right towards you and Dust.

"Woaaah, when did Dust Bunny get a twin?" he called out, amused. It startled you, for am moment, but he hardly seemed like he was going to attack or something. "Fuckin' 'ell, you're practically a tiny-him!"

You giggled at the exclamation. It was the first time you felt like being compared to Dust was intended as a compliment, and you found yourself enjoying Killer's playful tone. 'I'm Ashe! Mr Horror adopted me, then Ghost Papy adopted Mr Dust. I think you're my brother now by default,' you explained cheerfully.

"Really?" he let out, seemingly curious. He twirled a knife in his hand as he came closer, grabbing the half-eaten bag of crisps from the sofa and stuffing them into his mouth casually. "Ya need some help, squirt? Dust Bunny can get real clingy in his sleep," he grinned.

You gave a nod of confirmation. 'Yes please!'

The instant look of mischief that crossed his expression made you question if agreeing to his offer really was a good idea. Before you had a chance to ask what he was planning, he leaned in real close to Dust's face and screamed out, "DUST! WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!"

Dust immediately tried to leap up into a standing position, only to pull you both to the ground due to your tangled limbs. He swore, rather loudly too, then quickly got back to his feet, expression highly alert and magic flaring in preparation for an unseen threat.

Killer burst into an immediate fit of laughter, loud and hysterical. He was laughing so hard he had to hold onto the back of the sofa, struggling to regain his breath.

"The fuck was tha' fer!?" Dust finally shouted back as the reality of the situation finally set in, voice already agitated.

"Your fuckin' face! Snrrk!" he managed to choke out, still laughing.

As bad as you felt at him being the subject of Killer's prank, you did admittedly find it a little bit funny, unable to hold back little giggles of your own. It had just been so unexpected, and it certainly startled you a little as well, but Dust definitely had a lot stronger of a reaction than you did.

"Fuckin' asshole," Dust muttered as he calmed down. By the time he turned to acknowledge you, he still looked a little pissed, but his expression considerably softened when his eyelights met yours. "Yer okay?"

Before you could respond, Killer practically dragged you into his arms to smoosh his face against yours. You giggled, trying to push him away, but it was half hearted, so it didn't really work. You gave a thumbs up to indicate you were fine, though, still grinning.

"Your mini-you is fuckin' adorable," Killer snickered. "When were ya gonna tell me that you an' Roror had a kid? Didn't know ya swing that way!"

Dust's face instantly filled with blush, expression twisting to a scowl. "They ain't my kid!" he let out, clearly embarrassed at such an exclamation.

Killer immediately spoke, loud to make sure that he would get the first word in. "Then I'm claimin' him!"

You felt a little bit overwhelmed, but were having a good fine. 'I'm okay with this,' you signed, snickering a little. 'I'm sure Killer can be totally responsible and not at all a troublemaker.' Sarcasm didn't convey well in what little sign you knew, but your expression and the little mischievous wink to Killer should have made it obvious regardless.

"See! Lil' squirt has fuckin class," he snorted.

"There is absolutely no fackin' way yer even know how ta define responsible, let alone be it," Dust scoffed to his tar faced companion, but he had a slight grin. It was clear the bickering was meant playfully, so you weren't at all worried about accidentally encouraging it.

'So is Mr Killer my dad now?' you questioned

This time, it was Killer's face to turn bright with blush, clearly not having thought through what he had said before. He recovered quickly though. "Nah, more like the fun uncle!" he chuckled. "Dusty can be your lame aunty or somethin'."

To that, Dust threw a pillow at Killer, landing right in the other's face so hard that Killer literally fell to the ground. 

"Oh you're fuckin' on!" Killer yelled out, immediately launching the pillow back at him with just as much force.

You giggled, picking up one of the pillows from the sofa. 'I wanna play too!'

"Yer on my team then–" Dust began, only for Killer to suddenly swoop in and lift you in his arms with a dramatic 'yoink!' sound effect. Being smaller definitely felt like an advantage right now, especially with the rising amount of cushions pummelling through the air.

"Rude!" Dust shouted as he dodged a pillow,

You took a moment to pile pillows into your arms, grinning the entire time. Killer mostly carried you so could throw pillows whilst he made sure the both of you weren't hit, at one point even managing to lose Dust and ambush him together by jumping off a cabinet.

The three of you must have played for an hour, running about the house. At one point, you even dramatically betrayed Killer to join Dust's side, only for both of them to team up on you, leading to you running around the manor giggling loudly.

It was only when Killer punted a pillow and accidentally hit a vase that the two froze up, ceramic scattering across the floor. "Dibs not the one to tell Nightmare!!" Killer immediately yelled out.

"Fuck."