prologue 2: The portal and a little meeting

At midnight, the Shattered Moon glowed down to the street of a lively town with dozens of people still doing their things, trading, chatting, or guarding. Along the street, the RWBY-4 squad enters a tavern named "From Nightmare To The Paradise". When they are in, they see people enjoying music, drinking, gambling, or simply eating there. Lively, and hopeful, forget the nightmare and suffering outside. Most people in the tavern are soldiers, workers, or explorers, all of them with both races, humans, and Faunus.

Ruby took out her wallet, and started counting money in it, then said

Ruby: "...1000...1200....1400. Well, Weiss, you know what? I'm gonna spend 1000$ today, so ready for the big feast Snow Queen!!"

Weiss: "So what you gonna buy us, captain?"

Yang: "Just don't buy too much alcohol, Rosy. We still have a ride back to Beacon."

Ruby: "I know, I know. You guys take a sit right there, I will go order for you guys" She said, while pointing to a seat in the corner of the tavern

Yang: "ok Rosy..." Yang replies to her and sees Ruby walking towards the taverner.

The taverner: "Looter? Hey! Long time no see! And What would you like to order today?"

Ruby: "4 'black weeds' beers, 4 'mixed cabbage' salads, 4 roasted cheesy steaky porky, and 2 bottles of vodka please!"

The taverner: "Total is 1200$ sir"

Ruby in her thought: 'goddamn it, they increase the price again... Whatever, this is not his fault anyway...'

Ruby: "Here...and... This is some tip" Then she takes out all of her money, and pays him.

The barney: "...You know, you don't need to give a tip to me right? Although I am very thankful, for you giving me extra, but..."

Ruby: "Nah no need to worry about that, I already loot many important things now, so money doesn't do much for me". she said and walked over to the team's seats

The taverner: "If you say so then..." He takes the payments and heads inside to give the order to the chief. After that, he gets back with the tray carrying a lot of food and drink and places it down on the RWBY-4's table.

Ruby: "Thank you taverner. And what are you guys waiting for let's dig in!!". She said cheerfully, quickly grabbing a cup of beer and chugging the entire of it in one go...

Blake: "Yang... did she just... *haiz* seem she will never change huh?"

Yang: "Yeah... I still don't know how and why that pesty crow affect her so much to the point that from the little innocent girl who loves cookies and sweets turn into an fucking alcoholic ... *crunch* *crunch*," she said while eating the salad.

Weiss: "There is another reason actually *sip*" Weiss replies while drinking beer

Yang: *shallow* "So what is it, Weiss?"

Weiss: "Well you know, psycho stuff, if you witness some horrible things or something makes you uncomfortable, you will be stressed. And Ruby. Is the one who 100% has the most stress here. So she will eventually be searching for something to forget or calm herself down like alcohol, drugs, pleasures, or regional stuff. *sipppp* "

Blake: "Yup. Weiss is right. I also had to use a lot of drugs when I was witnessing some uncomfortable things. Only in an emergency though, so don't worry I'm not a drug addict, just almost... *crunch* *crunch*. " she admits to them, and eats the meat.

Yang: "... seriously... you guys need a proper rest. Not just abuse the shit out of it." she said in a disappointed tone

Blake: "We can't Yang... We can't... we still have a duty to be done, we can't rest till we die..."