Seeing things

Shadow POV

'I can't believe what i saw, he can spin dash too?! I never thought he can do THAT fast. But anyways, i needed rest to work at GUN in the morning.

I went to the bathroom and took a refreshing bath. After i was done, i dried myself before i went to bed.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
But i can't sleep.

I tried to sleep, so i won't be very tired in the morning, working my butt off. Dammit. I thought about some things that were unimportant. But soonly enough, i drifted off to sleep.

No POV

When Shadow woke up, showered, brushed his teeth, and cook his breakfast, he couldn't help but felt confused. He wanted to know where Sonic went after the battle in the night. He kept dozzing off and stared into space as he ate in the table, slowly chewing his food, and it suddenly brought back into reality when he saw a hand infront of him, snapping its fingers. He look up and saw Rouge, who has a look of concern on her face.

"You okay, Hun?" Rouge asked as she sat down beside him. Shadow nodded as he continue to eat his food in a normal pace.

"You know you can tell me anything, right?" Rouge added, very concerned to her bff. Shadow sighs and drop his spoon, dozing off again and he spoke. "I just didn't know, Rouge. I don't know where he went."

That made Rouge confused. She didn't know what he was talking about, so she asked him. "Who's 'he' are you talking about?" Shadow then realized what he have said. So he faced away and stayed quiet. "Shadow, tell me. I won't tell anything, not even a soul." Rouge smiled, which made Shadow rolled his eyes. He knew her too well at this point. "I doubt that. You always tell everyone like a book that everybody like."

"Oh, come on, hun! I promise i can take this one in my body. So come on, who is the 'he' are you referring to?" She excitedly smiled as she put her elbows against the table, and rest her head on top of her palms, giving him a pleading look. Shadow sighs again whether if he tell her. He was still hesitant before giving in.

"He is one of the rarest species. He's a...uhm...a blue hedgehog...?" Shadow waited for her reaction. Her jaw was wide open in shocked. "No way...you met a blue hedgehog?! B-but-...how?! When?! Why?! Where?! I thought-" Shadow quickly put a finger in her mouth to silence her for a bit.

"Listen okay? I know he's a blue hedgehog, but promise me not to tell everyone about this."

"Fine fine, i'll try." She crossed her legs. "But can you tell me the details? He looks pretty cool. I want to meet him." Shadow facepalmed. "How would i know if i can trust you?" Rouge smirked as he wrapped her arm around his neck and pull him closer to her sides, too proud of herself. "Oh please, you can count AND trust on me. But ehh...i'll try to keep this a secret." "Remember, you're mouth is a size of an elephant that gossips everyone around you." Rouge scoffs and playfully pushed him away, but not too hard. "Excuse me? My mouth is not big, i just slips some secrets accidentally."

"Yea, yea, whatever." He rolled his eyes and glanced back at his plate of food infront of him. Rouge smiled mischieviously. "So~? Can you tell me the details about him?" Shadow was hesitant at first. Blue hedgehogs are very rare in here and he didn't even know if he could trust her enough to tell her this. He sighed. "He is...blue, obviously. And he has green eyes...that was sparkling in the daylight and moonlight. And his green eyes are sparkling like an emeralds that has been washed in the water and reflected in the light."

Rouge was a little confused and stunned about his words. Why the heck is he speaking the details so...lovingly? She smirked and decided to listen some more.

"He has small, triangular ears on top of his head, six long quills on the back of his head, two spines protruding from his back behind his shoulders, and a short tail. And has a peach muzzle, his arms, and his chest all the way to his stomach."

Rouge's POV

Okay, he described him perfectly. And my only thought is...what is his name?

"Okay okay, since you described him sooo perfectly and spoken it lovingly, what's his name?"

Of course, that caught Shadow completely off guard.

"I already describe him for you, so deal with it. I am not saying his name OR letting you know his name. I already promised myself." Shadow spoke as he faced away while crossing his arms.

I, myself, got devestated. I only had one thing i wanted to know. Which is the blue hedgehog's name. "Oh come on, Shadow! Can't you just tell me some hints and what about his first letter of his name?" I pleaded.

"Never gonna happen, bat. Now, off you go, i have business to take care of." He disappeared into a bright green flash. I huffed. He didn't even finished his breakfast. Is the blue hedgehog really important to him? Or he has made another friend?

I smiled warmly, thought about Shadow having another new friend. Of course, i don't want the blue hedgehog to replace me as Shadow's 'bff'. And i guess he already found the green chaos emerald he lost weeks ago.

No POV

Shadow teleported into Mindora Forest, which Sonic called this forest. He walked around and found him playing with a weird little creatures around him. He was still wearing the same cloak he wore weeks ago, while he was still playing with the cute little creatures.

"Chao chao!"
"Chao...ch-chao!"
The weird little beings spoke to Sonic, but he was able to understand them correctly.

"So, you want some fruits?" He asked them, who eagerly nodded and sat down in the fresh grassy ground. Sonic chuckled and plucked some fruits out in the trees, peeled it for them and handed it to them.

(Forcing myself to continue this.)

Shadow watched in confusion, and also in amazement. He never saw them before. "You can come out, you know?" He spoke calmly, still feeding the Chaos' with peeled fruits.

Shadow was a little stunned that he knew that he was watching him. He slowly walk towards him, facing down to the ground where the other Chaos' looked up in him, with confusion who was their new guest is.

"Have a seat, Shadow." He patted the grassy ground beside him, and he received a shook from his head. "Oh, come on, Shadow. It doesn't hurt if you try, not like that you were gonna die." He was still hesitant, but slowly sat down beside him. The other Chaos' slowly crawled, fly, towards him, and earning a soft giggles to the Chaos'. Meaning that, they trusted him already.

"Oh look at that, Shadow. They already trusted you." He smiled at the little creatures. They spent their time there. Shadow kept glancing at the blue hedgehog when he looked away.

Sonic have a feeling that Shadow was staring at him. He was not creeped out, but rather confused. When he faced him, he quickly whipped his head to look away into different directions. Is his mind can tell that he was caught staring at him or was he just seeing things?