True Identity

Shadow was in Mindora Forest again. He sat under the tree, leaning his back against the oak, relaxing as he closed his eyes. Until, he heard noises above him, sounds like the leaves are shaking and some of them fell down. He opened his eyes and saw the blue hedgehog hanging upside down, staring at him while smiling. And also making his blue back quills bend upwards, because of the gravity.

"Heeeya, Shads!" He happily spoke to him, while Shadow got annoyed. He didn't like that nickname, he HATED it. Shadow growled at him, showing his fangs. "How many times do i have to tell you that don't call me that?!" Sonic just chuckled as he scratched at the side of his cheek with his finger, and also raising an eyebrow while still smiling. "Awh, why not? It fits you too perfectly!"

Shadow pinched the bridge of his nose, getting more annoyed at him as he groans and closed his eyes as he did so. And he opened his eyes again, revealing his dark crimson eyes. "Get down on the damn tree." Sonic hummed as he listened and slowly get down on the tree branch, but he landed on the ground in his stomach. "Ouch..." he mumbled and he stood up and dust himself before he sat down beside him, and giving him space since he didn't want to bother him too much.

"So, what are you doing here?" Sonic tilted his head to face Shadow. "None of your business, hedgehog." He bluntly, but sternly spoke to him, but he didn't faced him as he crossed his arms, closing his eyes, seeming deep into his thoughts. "Aw come on! I know there is one reason why you were here. Or two reasons: 1: Is probably you want some fresh air, or wanting to relax. Oooorr, you are here just to see me." He smirked and he made his arms crossed at the back of his head, relaxing.

"The first one, of course. I wanted to relax since there was too much noise in the damn city, and your not even living in the city, but your mouth wouldn't just shut just like them. You are annoying, loud, and didn't even think straight." Sonic didn't even feel bad, he took it as a compliment. "Aw! Thanks for the compliment!"

Shadow rolled his eyes completely, seeming not on the mood for anything.

Out of nowhere, Sonic flinched at the cold wind that past by them. The wind is slightly suspicious. The blue hedgehog started to look aroumd the forest with his narrowed eyes. After some time, their surroundings is getting more suspicious. The two looked around but saw nothing, and the sun is going down slowly.

"I feel that someone was watching us, Shadow." His tone is getting serious. 'Getting serious, eh?' Shadow thought as he stared at him for a while, before sensing that this 'someone' was not alone.

As the sun slowly set and their surroundings is getting darker and darker, Shadow saw a sillhoutte peaking behind the tree. He looked closer and closer, and they were many of them. Some of them are sitting on the tree branch in a froggy style, looking down at them, with their black masks and costume. And some of them are on the ground, but they are far away to make sure that they don't attack even closer. Shadow noticed that they looked like some ninjas with their black clothing.

And in the middle of the tension, Shadow also noticed the look-alike ninjas' chest, it was a logo. A cresent moon that was covered a little with a red 'X'.

"Well well! If it isn't the Prince of the Moon." Their leader jumped down on the tree branch and walked closer before stopping infront of them. The leader's logo is also a cresent moon that was covered a little with a red 'X', but, his logo have blood all around the logo and a sword stabbed through the cresent moon.

Sonic's eyes widened, before he narrowed them in anger. "I don't know what you're talking about!" Sonic yelled out of his mouth before he turned them into a slight smirk.

The leader felt silent, before he laughed at the hedgehogs, making Sonic's smirk turn into a frown. "Oh, why do you have to lie? It's already too late. You're new friend already know the truth."

Shadow POV

'Prince of the Moon? I heard about that in the book before. But, instead of Prince, it's actually King of the Moon.' I look at Sonic, and to my suprise, he was shocked, nervous, and fear was shown in his face. Could it be true? I only thought that it was a fairytale, but, it was real. The Prince of the Moon is right beside me.

I tried to focus on the leader, but i just couldn't. The thought of Sonic being the so-called 'Prince of the Moon' was unreal to me. I want answers. Not just by a ninja group, but from Sonic. I need answers from Sonic.

No POV

Sonic wanted to unalive the leader right here, and right now, for spilling his real identity as the Prince of the Moon. But he was also hesitant and afraid to tell him that it was true. Suddenly, the leader pointed at them and his ninja minions grabbed their own swords from their backs and launched towards them. Of course, they avoid the attack and Shadow jumped back, as Sonic jumped right above, making the others crashed eachother.

Sonic laughed as he was still in the air and spin dashed some of them who were after him. Shadow used his air shoes to attack them or avoid them to get closer.

Shadow looked at Sonic who was punching and spindashing them, and he was really fast, maybe even faster than him.

After they got rid of them, Shadow cut to the chase. He grabbed the azure's wrist, making him turn his head towards him.

"Hey! What are you-" Shadow quickly cut him off. "Is it true?"

"What?"

"You are..."

"I'm what? Just say it already."

"The Prince of the Moon."