- 𝐎.𝐎𝟖

I'M NOT LEGALLY REQUIRED TO DO THIS.

-   "I WILL now be announcing the starting eleven members," You said as the coach passed over your clipboard. "Our forwards will be Gouenji," You paused to grimace at the use of his last name, for it was practically a foreign word to you, "Fubuki and Kiyama. Midfielders will be Kidou, Kazemaru and Midorikawa. Defenders will be Kabeyama, Tsunami, Hijikata and Kogure. Lastly, our goalkeeper and captain will be Endou." You finished and saw Fudou turn away muttering something, Kidou also seemed to notice as he turned to Fudou, but paid no mind to it.

"Now go out there and beat their asses!" You shouted as they cheered running onto the field.

"The opening match for the FFI's Asia region preliminaries! The fight between Australia's national team, Big Waves, and Japan's national team, Inazuma Japan is now ready to begin!" You watched from your seat next to Fuyuka in anticipation as the whistle went off.

"The match begins!"

Straight away the ball was passed from Fubuki to Kidou who almost immediately fell into their trap, "There it is, folks! The Big Waves' Box-Lock Defence! A hissatsu tactic that you can't break out of once you've been caught!"

"This is the hissatsu tactic that's said to completely block any sort of attack." Megane said worriedly from beside Haruna. Tsunami and Hijikata both went after the ball that was stolen from Kidou, ultimately ending up with them colliding. You noticed Kidou glancing at the coach, well you assumed that since his damn goggles meant you couldn't entirely see where he was looking.

You turned your attention back to pitch where one of Australia's players used Megalodon, Endou uses Fist of Justice but it goes in.

"Big Waves takes the lead!

Tachimukai broke the tense silence on the bench, "The world level is amazing."

Fudou made a noise of dismissal, "Looks like I'll be playing sooner than I thought."

You leaned back in your seat on the edge of the bench before muttering to yourself, "Don't get too cocky, bald monkey."

Kidou looked over again with a conflicted look. 'I swear if you don't get it, I will end it all.' You thought with a frown.

"How will Inazuma Japan counterattack?" The commentator said, you swore you heard Touko and Rika shouting from the stands and took a quick look behind you, quickly identifying them before turning back and seeing Gouenji with player's from Australia's team surrounding him in position for the Box Lock Defence

"There it is! The Big Waves' hissatsu tactic, Box Lock Defence!" The commentator announced, you narrowed your gaze seeing him attempt to go up, only to be stopped by Australia's captain.

"So that wouldn't have worked." You mumbled biting your nails, making Fuyuka look at you briefly before placing a hand on your arm and directing your hand away from you face, you gave her a small smile as a sign of thanks and looked back at the field.

"Box Lock defence got the better of Gouenji too!"

The captain ran with ball with the intent of passing to the same guy who did the first shoot, "Oh, they're using the opposite side! Reef makes a shoot! Endou saves it using a side leap catch!" You scoffed.

"Seriously? Reef? What a stupid name." You said out loud before looking at Tsunami who had seemingly heard you, "Never mind ignore everything I said."

Fubuki was next to experience the invincible Box Lock defence. Although seeing an opening, he attempted to pass to Hiroto but the pass was blocked by two players. "This is getting out of hand!" Haruna stressed.