CHAPTER 18: AKIHIRO MOUNTAINS

Small old and frail woman opened the door to see a woman her age, standing right in front of her clearly disturbed and looking for answers. 

''Hello?'' The woman said, swinging open her brown wooden door with a scrunched-up face.

 ''Your daughter needs your help.'' Akatami yelled, with her fist balled tightly. 

The woman sneered at her, and then rolled her eyes. 

''I want nothing to do with her.'' The woman said, as hatred began to fill in her voice.

 ''The war has been ongoing for days now, and if you don't do the sacrifice, Tokyo will be gone forever.'' Akatami said, her voice dropping and going silent.

 ''You're going to have to pay me.'' The woman yelled, ''And I'm retired, so keep my identity low.'' Akatami looked her in her small, tired eyes, nodding.

 ''I'll pay you after we get this done.'' Akatami said, ''No. I want the money now.'' The woman said. Akatami leaned back, ''Fine.'' Akatami said, groaning afterwards. 

''One moment.'' The woman said, closing the door. ''Wait.'' Akatami said. The woman stopped, ''What?'' The woman said, her attitude increasing. 

''I'll be in the car.'' Akatami said, leaning off the small pillar and walking down the dirt path, back to her car. Akatami watched out of her window.

 After ten minutes, the woman came running outside with a hat, a white t shirt and a blouse with a white mask wrapped around her mouth. Akatami opened the automatic door to her car, and the woman sat in the passenger seat beside her. 

''Where is the child...'' The woman beside her said gently, but she sounded very irritated. 

''Your child is in a hotel currently, with my daughter and her sister.'' Akatami said, snapping at the woman who quickly strapped her seat belt into the buckle.

 The woman sneered at her, ''Okay.'' She said, becoming quite right after.

 Akatami began to drive down the road with many cracks and bumps. ''What time will we be there?'' The woman said. ''In half an hour.'' Akatami said.

 The long drive-built tension between them; The tension never abolished.