Chapter 1

It was a cold, rainy April night, today marks 4 years since my husband's murder. I was walking to his grave after work, on the way there I was thinking back to that night... As I do every year, I think back and feel angry about how they still could not find the killer... I remember his face... and how he ran off with our child... I don't know if our child is dead or alive...Someone came up behind me and grabbed my arm bringing me back to reality..."Anna, what are you doing walking alone in the dark?" The man said while still having a hold of my arm as I looked up at him to see who he was. I saw it was my boss. "Michael, I was just walking to my husband's grave as I do every year..." I told my boss, while holding back my tears. To this day, I still haven't accepted my husband's death."Well, you should have got a taxi... you know how dangerous it is to walk the street alone at night in the city... Thank God I noticed you before something could of happened" He says concerned. He finally let's go of my arms and walks me to his taxi. "I still take you to the cemetery and then take you home"

"Thank you, Michael" I said as I entered the Taxi. Half hour later.... We made it to my husband's grave, I instantly fall into tears as I walked up to it... "Oh, John... I am so sorry we haven't found the man who have done this to you... I failed as a wife and a mother... I hope our son is still alive..." I said quietly to John's grave. Our son was 5 when he was kidnapped from us, his name was Chris. I was pregnant again at the time, but I had a miscarriage when I was attacked. We were expecting a girl. I snapped back into reality at the sound of Micheal's voice... "What?" I said looking up at him."We should get going soon, I hate to rush you, but my wife would get worried if I stay out any later." He says to me. I start walking with him to the street for us to grab another taxi.As I finally get back to my apartment, I find a note taped on my door. I take the note off my door as entered through the door. "I wonder who left this on my door...." I quickly opened it to see what it was... I gasp as I read the words. Remember 4 years ago on this day, your son has been a very good boy, he asks about his mommy every now and then. You may get to see him again soon... All you have to do is what I ask... Don't tell the cops if you want him to return to you safely... I stare at the note for what feels like a decade... I thought about what the note said for a long time... "I know I should call the cops, but he said not to if I want my son back...." I thought about it longer and finally made a decision..."I am going to tell them, they will know what to do...." I ran to the phone and called the detective who worked on John's case.

"Hello, Detective Jackson speaking." I quietly said who I was and explained what happened out of paranoia that someone might be watching me."What?!?" He said as I finished."Thank god, you came to me with this... we can't let him know you reached me... you will do as he ask for now until we figure out a way to catch him..." I sighed in relief, but quickly tense up at the thought of not even knowing what the man who killed John even wants from me. "Anna, are you okay?" Detective Jackson asked."I will be honest, I am scared... What does this man want from me?" I said honestly, not caring that I sounded scared."I was thinking about that too, let me know when he contacts you again. It will give us an idea of what he is up too." He answered as he sighed concernedly. "I will also help you out with his requests, the sooner we get them done the better. He will think he has you under his control, he is bound to make a mistake somewhere from how big of a pride he might develop after awhile..." I agreed with him and when the call finished and I got ready for bed.

Later that night, I was still up wondering about the event that has happened today. "I have to do as this man asks of me, and who knows what they are.... but I need my son back... he is all I have left of my husband..." Tears come down my cheek as I sighed. After I cried for awhile, I manage to fall asleep and dream. I was only dreaming that I was being kidnapped myself, the man whispered in my ear. "I told you not to tell anyone." As he said that, he put a rope around my neck choking me from behind, shoving me into the trunk of his car. I was saved by the sound of my alarm. I am soaked in sweat and I touched my neck and sighed. "Thank god!"