Bitten by Fate- Chapter One (Part One)

Wrenly POV:

"Come on, Wrenly! You promised me that you would go! I have been looking forward to this for weeks! It's going to be fun! When was the last time you had fun?"

"Trevor, please stop whining! You don't need me to go. You have been to many clubs and parties without me."

"But you need to be my winghag!"

"Ugh. Work has been crazy, and I am drained. I just want to binge The Masked Singer, eat chocolate fudge ice cream, and use my vibrator till my clit goes numb." I pulled my blanket up over my head.

"Whoa! Sugar Pop! That's not only TMI that's sad."

"Please don't make me feel bad. You know that my actual physical sex life is not my priority. Unlike you, who gets more dick than I ever have."

"That's not completely accurate."

I flipped the blanket down so I could see him. "Oh, please. I hear you at least twice a week. Oh, Trevor! Yes! Yes! Fuck me, baby! Just like that! Pull my balls! Come on my ass. Like seriously."

"You are so foul-mouthed, Sugar Pop!"

"Hey, I'm not the one who is pulling on someone's balls. By the way, does that really make a difference?"

"You have no idea! Lick the tip and pull the balls! Now, get up and get dressed. Show some class and move your ass."

"I have nothing to wear. The last time I went out to a club, I was a size 8. Now, I am not."

"There has got to be something we can put you in," Trevor said, disappearing into my closet. And stop making it sound like you are a size 72! You have put on a few extra pounds, but you are not bedbound!" He bounded out of the closet. How about this! It's stretchy, cute, and short-just like you, Sugar Pop!"

"Are you out of your mind? That is my Halloween costume! Remember I went as Tinkerbell? I am not wearing that. Nope."

"Then you come and find something."

"No! I am not the one who wants to go out. I am not going to make the effort."

"Come on, Wrenly. Please!" He was in full-on toddler mode. "I want to go out and get fucked up, and I never went to the singles mixer before!"

"Wait! A what? You never said this was a singles mixer! Nope, not going. You never put that in the sales pitch!"

He ran his hand down his face and let out an exasperated sigh. "Wren, come on! You have to get yourself back out there. You are alive. He's not coming back. It's over. You are too beautiful, smart, and funny to stay locked away in this house! No matter how nice it is."

"You're not going to let this go, are you?"

"Like a dog with a bone, Sugar Pop."

"What if I gave you a thousand dollars?"

"Nope."

"I'll buy you a new car."

"No. Jesus Christ, it's not that bad! How about this, give me two hours. If you are miserable, you can leave and say I told you so."

I shook my head. "Fine. Two hours, that's it!"

"Yeah, but you must try to at least tolerate the place. Try to have an enjoyable time. So, no sitting in the corner sulking."

I rolled my eyes. "Alright. But that still doesn't change the fact that I have nothing to wear."

"You don't walk around work naked. You must have something that will fit you."