Bitten by Fate- Chapter Three (Part One)

Wrenly POV

"Well, how did it go? Did Wren take good care of you, Decker?"

"Oh, she's great. I think I've seen every inch of this place."

" That's good. Now, Little Bird, grab your stuff. We're meeting Kristof for dinner."

"What!" Decker and I said together.

"Is there an issue?" My father said, eyebrows raised.

We both looked at each other. I could tell he had apprehension about it, but I had no idea why would have an issue having dinner with his father.

I took a deep breath, and I sighed. "Daddy, I have plans tonight."

"With whom? Trevor."

"Umm. Yeah. Trevor. We were going to Uh... uhm..."

"You are a horrible liar, Wrenly. You're going to go home and watch TV." My father turned off his computer and loosened his tie.

I rolled my eyes and huffed, folding my arms over my chest. I saw Decker staring at my tits. I put my arms at my side and gave him an annoyed. Disapproving look. I saw him redirect his gaze.

"Fine, I'll go get my things, but I am not staying all night. Dinner. One drink, no dessert. Then I am going home. And I don't expect me to engage in conversation." I tried to sound defiant, but I wasn't doing a particularly excellent job. There was a part deep within me that craved to spend the night with Decker in more ways than one.

"You are a ball of fun, aren't you?" Decker said, rolling his eyes.

"Wanna talk about why you don't want to go?" I whispered out of the corner of my mouth.

He just glared at me. "I'll take it as a no," I muttered.

"We'll meet you at the car, Wren. Decker, come with me, son. I need to talk to you."

I walked swiftly to my office to grab my things.

"How was your day with the hot intern?" Marie asked.

"Don't ask. I have to go to dinner. Cancel my appointments for tomorrow. I plan on getting very drunk tonight."

"Oh, well, if you need me, give me a call. I am always here if you want to talk."

"That's Maria. But this is something I am just not ready to discuss."

"Alright, my friend. Have a tolerable time!" She looked at me with what looked like empathy.

Third Person POV:

Giano slapped Decker on the back. "What do you think of the company? I hope you felt welcome."

"Sir, why am I here? I have a feeling that you and my father have an anterior motive."

He took a deep breath. "Why do you feel that? Did Wren say something to you?"

"Mr. Granatello, I know how you know my father. I am an adult; I know everything. I've known it since I hit puberty. You were friends long before you had business dealings together. Why did you both insist I come here? Does it have to do with Wrenly? Does Wrenly even know who she is? What she is?"

"It may have a little to do with Wrenly. It may not. And Wrenly does not know. She may never fully know. If she never finds her mate, she will know."

"Oh, I guess I don't know anything about her. I would like to, except she really doesn't like me. Do you know that your daughter dislikes me, Sir?"

"Why do you think that? You haven't seen her in a very long time."

"That's not really accurate. We met up again this past weekend. I may have upset her about something." he rubbed the back of his neck.